Credit Recovery Representative – East Coast Credit Union
East Coast Credit Union is seeking a Credit Recovery Representative to join our team! This permanent position will be located in our Dartmouth location. It is well suited for an individual with exceptional customer service and proven analytical and problem-solving experience seeking an opportunity in a progressive and innovative organization.
East Coast Credit Union is a full-service financial cooperative organization that is deeply committed to the communities in which we live and work. We offer refreshingly honest banking and take pride in providing an exceptional member experience.
Reporting to the Manager, Credit Recovery, you will be responsible to identify and perform loss mitigation and recovery activities regarding delinquent accounts in accordance with the Credit Union policies and guidelines.
- Review delinquent accounts to determine which members’ must be contacted for collection of overdue payments
- Prepare various delinquency reports as required
- Record any activity and input data on the delinquency management System (DMS).
- Initiate initial collection action; contact delinquent borrowers in person, by telephone, or by mail
- Recommend orders for repossession, demands and foreclosures on delinquent mortgage loans, or cancellation of credit
- Assist the Manager, Credit Recovery with filing claims in Small Claims Court and prepare paperwork as required
- Record information about financial status of borrower and status of collection efforts
- Monitor account overdraft activities to ensure accounts operate within limits and qualify from a risk standpoint
- Assist with the preparation of claims to CMHC, SBLA, NSPLG etc. as required
- Complete other duties as assigned
- Completed a Certificate or Diploma in Business Administration and up to two years of experience in credit and collections in a financial institution; or equivalent combination of training and experience in credit management.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work well independently and in a team environment
- Software proficiency
- Business acumen
- Knowledge of policies and regulatory environment
- Knowledge of DMS and Lending Experience (considered an asset)
- Outstanding culture and opportunity to join an engaged and community-focused team.
- Tuition reimbursement, training and personal development.
- Very competitive compensation and benefits with performance-based incentives.
- Additional employee perks include but not limited to: wellness credit; reduced rates on employee loans/mortgages and paid volunteer time.
How to apply…
If this sounds like an opportunity for you, please email your resume and cover letter in Microsoft Word or pdf format to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications will be accepted until Tuesday, May 7, 2019.
Please note that all offers of employment are conditional upon the acceptance of an Individual Fidelity Bond Application which includes a criminal check and a credit check.
We wish to thank applicants in advance; only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.