CUDIC, Internal Control Review Officer – Contract Position (Part time)
Nova Scotia Credit Union Deposit Insurance Corporation (NSCUDIC)
The Corporation is the prudential regulator of credit unions in the province. There are immediate opportunities for contract employment in the internal control examination function.
Purpose of Job
Reporting to the Analyst, the Officer is responsible for the examination of the adequacy of internal controls of Nova Scotia Credit Unions. Incumbent will review records and other information sources as necessary to measure the effectiveness of operations measured against:
- NSCUDIC’s Standards of Sound Business and Financial Practices.
- Atlantic Central’s Risk Management Program Manual.
- Money laundering protocols as measured against the requirements of the Proceeds of Crime (Money Laundering) Terrorist Financing Act (PCMTLFA) consistent with NSCUDIC’s Memorandum of Understanding with FINTRAC.
- Review and evaluate internal control processes of Nova Scotia Credit Unions under the guidance of NSCUDIC Analyst.
- Make objective, accurate and sensible assessments of the effectiveness of internal control procedures.
- Critically analyze examination results and reduce to concise written form in the reporting format prescribed by NSCUDIC.
Specialized Knowledge/Skills and Education required:
- Expert knowledge of financial institution operations.
- Good knowledge of MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience in report writing.
- Good relationship management skills
- Work involves travel and “suitcase” living for extended periods of time.
- Incumbent must consistently display tact, professionalism and determination in executing responsibilities.
- Work schedule will be sporadic in nature. Typically a contractor can expect to work 30 to 40 days (210 to 280 hours) per annum.
- May be required to use own vehicle for travel to work site (e.g. credit union location).
Interested parties should submit their resume to the attention of Pat Ryan, CEO in MSWORD or PDF format via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline for applications is February 1, 2015.