Director, Change Management and Communications
Would you like to help the $5B Atlantic Credit Union system of 45 credit unions to evolve and transform?
Atlantic Central provides trade association services, liquidity management, payments processing, risk management and consulting services that support the credit unions of Atlantic Canada. The Central provides leadership, advocacy and a range of services in the fulfillment of these key functions. League Savings and Mortgage (“LSM”) is a subsidiary of Atlantic Central and provides commercial and retail mortgage financing and investment products and services in support of credit unions, credit union members, and through broker services.
Atlantic Central’s Halifax office is currently accepting applications for the position of Director, Change Management and Communications to be responsible for planning and delivering enterprise change management services on key system initiatives and providing guidance and support to internal customers such as AC and LSM decision-makers on communications and change management. The incumbent will also provide effective leadership to champion staff in the delivery of department objectives and customer satisfaction while creating and fostering an effective work environment conducive to successful operations.
Reporting to the Vice President, Strategic Change, the Director, Change Management and Communications (CM&C) is responsible for:
- Serving as the lead enterprise change management practitioner/advisor. Developing and/or securing change management processes, tools and techniques to build resilience, maximize stakeholder adoption and sustain the change. This includes: Stakeholder Engagement, Communications, Organization Design, Training, and Business Transition Planning.
- Ensuring the deployment of a structured change management methodology. Producing or facilitating the creation of change management strategies and plans for system initiatives and internal projects. Providing support and coaching to management as they help their direct reports through transitions.
- Leading the development, execution and evaluation of the overall communication strategy and plan for AC and LSM, ensuring consideration of all stakeholders and alignment with corporate goals and objectives. Liaising with senior executives to ensure that internal and external communications are integrated across lines of business. Acting as the principle spokesperson with media.
- Managing various corporate communication assets such as the corporate communication guidelines and standards; the development of themes and content; the content and design of the ACLSM intranet and CU extranet; speech writing and presentation support; the writing and editing of key content for the annual reports; executing and reporting of results of the annual CU satisfaction survey; an effective media relations program and media training; participating as a member of the Crisis Response Team in the development, maintenance, and execution of a crisis response plan.
- Developing, recommending, implementing, and managing the CM&C departmental plan and the annual department budget. Monitoring performance results and taking corrective action.
- Providing leadership, guidance, coaching, and supervision of the CM&C personnel.
- Completing other projects and duties as assigned.
TRAVEL AND EVENING AND WEEKEND WORK:
This position requires occasional travel and evening and weekend work.
The ideal candidate for this position will have successfully completed a degree in Business or Public Relations, plus a minimum of 8 years’ experience as a change management practitioner and/or corporate communications role, with at least 3 years’ experience in either project management, Human Resources, or Public Relations; or have an equivalent combination in education and experience. A change management certification (e.g. PROSCI) and/or an APR professional accreditation are considered assets.
The successful candidate will have the following skill set:
- Comprehensive change management skills and knowledge including a sound understanding of the change process and change management principles, methodologies and tools;
- Proven ability in the formulation and delivery of effective change management strategies and plans including stakeholder engagement approaches and processes;
- Proven ability in leading or supporting large scale change;
- Advanced oral and written communication skills including demonstrated strong working knowledge of communication principles, media, and public relations techniques;
- Strong interpersonal skills and proven ability to work with diverse stakeholder groups;
- Demonstrated ability to evaluate and edit the content, structure and format of a range of written materials;
- Demonstrated knowledge of project management principles, practices and techniques;
- Superior analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Demonstrated proficiency in working with Microsoft Office applications (Word, PowerPoint, Excel).
The successful candidate will also demonstrate strong abilities in the following competencies:
- Building Relationships and Partnerships
- Change Leadership
- Listening, Understanding and Responding
- Results Orientation
- Team Leadership
- Developing Others
- Strategic Orientation
This is a permanent full-time position and is rated a Salary Level CU-11 ($93,628 – $110,150). Atlantic Central offers a competitive benefits package as well as the opportunity to participate in the Performance Sharing Incentive Plan.
Applications will close on January 4, 2019.
Interested candidates should forward their résumé, including salary expectations, in confidence, to:
Human Resources Department
6074 Lady Hammond Road
Halifax, NS B3K 2R7
(When sending applications by e-mail, please send in MS Word format)