Director, Consulting Services (closing date extended)
Atlantic Central’s Halifax office is currently accepting applications for the position of Director, Consulting Services to be responsible for providing leadership and oversight to the delivery of consulting services and subject matter expertise to credit union management and boards in the areas of: credit union strategy development, operations analysis, sales, Human Resources, and Loss Prevention. The incumbent will also lead and coordinate the development and promotion of the Atlantic Central (AC) consulting services and the development and maintenance of strong relationships with Atlantic credit unions. The incumbent will also oversee the administration of the Credit Union Property and Casualty (CUPAC) program and the provision of Anti Money Laundering (AML) policies and training.
Reporting to the Vice President, Strategic Change, the Director, Consulting Services is responsible for:
- Directing the development, promotion, sales, delivery, evaluation and reporting of consulting services (Strategic and business planning development, credit union member and operational analysis, Transforming Sales Culture program, HR services, board and governance support services) for credit unions.
- Managing the relationship management activities for the consulting group.
- Ensuring master policies for CUPAC and other Loss Prevention and compliance programs are effectively supported.
- Promoting education and training programs for Credit Union Chairs Association (CUCA) through individual workshops, regional training seminars and provincial forums.
- Providing input into the development of corporate strategies and the corporate business plans. Developing, recommending, implementing, and managing the Consulting Services departmental plan and the annual department budget. Monitoring performance results and taking corrective action as appropriate.
- Supervising and coordinating the activities of direct reports.
- Completing other duties and projects as assigned.
TRAVEL AND EVENING AND WEEKEND WORK:
This position requires some travel in Atlantic Canada and evening and weekend work.
The ideal candidate for this position will have successfully completed a Bachelor’s degree with a concentration in Business/Commerce, plus 8-10 years in a management role, preferably in a financial institution, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
The successful candidate will have the following skill set:
- Proven ability in consulting service development and management and the delivery and evaluation of services to clients
- Sound knowledge of strategic planning process
- Working knowledge of human resources programs, practices and principles and the various employment legislations in Atlantic Canada
- Knowledge of sales and service practices, behaviours, and skills
- Working knowledge of credit union operations, including insurance and compliance requirements, and related data analytics
- Good understanding of credit union mergers legal and governance requirements
- Knowledge of financial institution products and services
- Demonstrated working knowledge of project management and change management principles, practices and techniques
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and proven ability to work with diverse stakeholder groups
- Proven negotiation and consultation skills
- Proven business planning skills and ability
- Proven ability in fiscal management and budget preparation
- Superior analytical and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Proven ability to manage multiple engagements and changing priorities
The successful candidate will also demonstrate strong abilities in the following competencies:
- Change Leadership
- Building Relationships and Partnerships
- Listening, Understanding and Responding
- Results Orientation
- Team Leadership
- Developing Others
- Strategic Orientation
This is a permanent full-time position and is rated a Salary Level CU-10 ($86,001 – $101,178). Atlantic Central offers a competitive benefits package as well as the opportunity to participate in the Performance Sharing Incentive Plan.
Applications will close on April 20, 2018.
Interested candidates should forward their résumé, including salary expectations, in confidence, to:
Human Resources Department
6074 Lady Hammond Road
Halifax, NS B3K 2R7
(When sending applications by e-mail, please send in MS Word format)