Director, Finance – Provincial and Tignish Credit Unions
Provincial and Tignish Credit Unions are the financial institution of choice for over 22,500 members served across six branches in Charlottetown, Tignish, Alberton, Stratford, Montague and North Rustico, Prince Edward Island. At the credit union we not only take pride in our service to members and the commitment we have to the communities within which we operate, but we also greatly value our employees and make fulfilment, opportunity and wellbeing a priority. We are proud to say that greater than 50% of our employees have been with us for 10 years or more!
Provincial and Tignish Credit Unions are looking for a shared Director, Finance, to work out of the Provincial Credit Union office in Charlottetown to develop, implement and maintain the accounting system, lead the delivery of accounting and financial reporting services, and analyze and interpret operating results while providing recommendations and strategic financial advice to the Management of both organizations.
- Manage the investment portfolio for the credit unions.
- Ensure effective internal and cost control measures are in place and maintained within the credit unions including evaluating the effectiveness and efficiency of the Treasury and Finance function.
- Establish, upgrade, document and administer financial accounting controls and processes.
- Provide overall assessment and recommendations for improvement of operating efficiencies for accounting and other systems and processes.
- Develop and coordinate the budgeting process for the credit unions.
- Participate in and provide input into the development of corporate strategies and business plans.
- Provides subject matter expertise, strategic perspective and leadership on cross functional business initiatives as required.
- Participate in the development, implementation and maintenance of policies and procedures relating to financial management, budget, accounting and payroll.
- Coordinate the annual audit and serve as liaison between the credit unions and external auditors and regulatory authorities.
As the ideal candidate for this position, you hold a Bachelors Degree in Business with an emphasis in Accounting, have an Accounting Designation (CPA) and a minimum of 10 years related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience. You have demonstrated strategic thinking in the area of financial planning, a keen understanding of the principal financial processes and the ability to work across multiple business units all while keeping abreast of and applying industry best practices. Excellent written and oral communication and presentation skills are a must, as is demonstrated experience in working through and leading change, and building relationships.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package and salary commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Does this sound like you? If so, please submit your resume in word or pdf along with a cover letter outlining clearly how your prior experience will lead to success in this role to the attention of Bernard Gillis, firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to the address below. Applications will be accepted until Friday, February 22, 2019.
Provincial Credit Union Ltd.
Att: Bernard Gillis
281 University Avenue
Charlottetown, PE C1A 4M3
We wish to thank all applicants in advance; only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.