Director, HR Advisory Services
WHO ARE WE:
We are passionate people committed to top notch customer service and partnering with our credit unions across the Atlantic provinces to enable the Atlantic credit union system and the communities they serve to thrive.
We are looking for a Director, HR Advisory Services to join us at the ground level of an innovative and collaborative human resources shared service model focused on creating an exceptional employee experience. A dynamic group of credit unions from across Atlantic Canada are working together to build a streamlined, efficient and data enabled approach to human resources that puts people first. It’s an approach that will generate capacity for credit union managers to focus on big-picture issues and service strategies that make a difference for our members. We’ve implemented a Risk Management & Compliance shared service and are now ready to start building HR Shared Services. This is an exciting time for credit unions in Atlantic Canada!
We strive to empower and support the growth of our employees in our team environment and we want YOU to join our team!
WHAT DO WE DO:
Atlantic Central is the trade association for credit unions in Atlantic Canada. We provide a range of services, leadership and advocacy at the provincial, regional and national levels. Collectively, the 45 credit unions we support are entrusted to manage $6 billion in assets on behalf of 300,000+ members. League Savings and Mortgage Company is a subsidiary of Atlantic Central and has been a trusted credit union partner for over 50 years.
In the role of Director, HR Advisory Services, you’ll report to the Vice-President, TBD and be responsible for providing a client interface for the customer organizations’ senior leaders and the Atlantic Services Centre (ASC) human resources services related to overall HR planning and strategic direction and operations and for providing consultative services, advice, assistance and support on strategic and people-related matters impacting their business. You’ll also oversee the delivery of the payroll, benefits administration and HRIS services to customer organizations and you’ll work collaboratively with the Director, Talent & Total Rewards and the Manager, Rewards Administration & HR Systems to ensure customer needs are met and to provide comprehensive and innovative HR solutions. The ideal candidate will be passionate about customer service, team spirit, balancing flexibility and a structured approach to creating this new shared services team.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
HR Shared Services Delivery Model & Operation
- Directing the development, implementation, and evaluation of the HR shared services function, in collaboration with the Director, Talent & Total Rewards and the Manager, Rewards Administration & HR Systems.
- Providing input based on customer needs and coordinating with the other HR Shared Services functional areas including recruitment, total rewards, talent, learning, employee relations, HR operations and payroll to ensure customer organizations’ HR needs and requests are met, and tangible action plans are developed and executed.
- Developing productivity and service quality standards, in collaboration with the Director, Talent & Total Rewards and the Manager, Rewards Administration & HR Systems, to effectively meet customer service expectations and needs and to measure the overall effectiveness of HR Shared Services functions. Identifying service gaps and opportunities for service improvements and enhancements and developing solutions to address current and emerging issues. Managing and reporting on service level agreement performance. Diagnosing and resolving escalated service issues.
- Collaborating with partner service providers and stakeholders to develop and support best practices for the delivery of HR services
- Managing directly or indirectly the HR Advisory Services and the Rewards Administration & HR Systems staff and coordinating and supervising the activities of direct reports.
Customer HR Strategy & Execution
- Playing a key leadership role on customer executive teams, including: supporting the development of customers’ HR strategies; providing advice and solutions regarding organizational design strategies; providing organizational effectiveness strategies and solutions to enhance workplace culture and alignment with corporate initiatives and programs; identifying HR trends and themes to inform business and workforce planning; identifying, supporting and providing input into the design, development and implementation of HR related initiatives/programs in customer organizations; identifying key metrics to assess the overall effectiveness of HR programs and to inform future initiatives and investments; and providing key insight into change management activities required to support successful implementation.
- Serving as the primary point of contact for senior management within customer organizations on escalated HR matters. Providing advice and being proactive in anticipating issues and developing solutions to better prepare customer organizations to effectively respond to evolving workforce needs and ensuring resolution of HR program issues and concerns. Overseeing employee relations issues within customer organizations and liaising with the HR Shared Services Employee Relations Specialist as required.
- Managing the relationship and serving as an interface between HR Shared Services and customers for HR related matters including: managing service level agreements, fostering and maintaining effective relationships and strong partnerships with customers, and creating a culture of service excellence within the HR team.
- Working with ASC leadership to establish and communicate the short and long-term vision and strategy for service delivery within HR Shared Service.
- Identifying opportunities to grow the HR customer base, promoting and marketing the HR Shared Services offering, closing the sale, and onboarding new customers.
Department Planning & Financial Results
- Contributing to the development of the HR Shared Services strategy and implementing HR plans related to the HR strategy function. Developing, recommending, implementing, and managing departmental plan and the annual department budget. Monitoring performance results and taking corrective action as appropriate.
- Completing other projects and duties as assigned.
This position offers the ability to telecommute.
TRAVEL AND EVENING AND WEEKEND WORK:
This position requires some travel throughout Atlantic Canada and occasional evening and weekend work.
The ideal candidate for this position will have a Bachelors’ Degree with a concentration in Human Resources or Business Administration plus have a minimum of 10 years relevant experience in HR operations, including a minimum of 5 years experience in a senior HR leadership role, and significant business partnering or consulting experience; or have an equivalent combination of education and experience. A Chartered Professional in Human Resources (CPHR) will be considered an asset.
The successful candidate will have the following skill set:
- Excellent communications skills (oral, written, presentation, facilitation)
- Strong interpersonal and coaching skills
- Proven ability to effectively work with diverse stakeholder groups and to interact with all levels of management and staff
- Excellent consultation and collaborative skills
- Excellent influencing and negotiation skills
- Acute business acumen and understanding of organizational and credit union/cooperative system environment
- Strong background in HR service delivery and/or HR shared services experience
- Demonstrated comprehensive knowledge of related employment legislation and regulations
- Demonstrated comprehensive knowledge of human resources principles and practices; applied in the development and implementation of operational strategies and processes
- Proven business partnering/consulting ability
- Demonstrated broad knowledge of trends and systems within Human Resources, best practices, business planning process and fiscal frameworks
- Demonstrated knowledge in evaluation and performance measure concepts and strategies in order to develop effective business and operational plans
- Proven ability in long range planning and ability to achieve business goals in partnership with others
- Proven strategic thinking skills with ability to right-size overarching strategies (based on customer needs and organizational size) and to translate strategy into tangible action plans
- Proven ability to manage and lead through change
- Proven ability in managing complex simultaneous assignments with potential conflicting priorities and deadlines and proven ability to work with stakeholders to prioritize, sequence and deliver services within an overall roadmap
- Proven ability in designing, implementing and evaluating HR programs/systems
- Proven ability in fiscal management and budget preparation
- Demonstrated working knowledge of HRIS systems
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access)
- Proven HR strategic and tactical planning ability
- Proven ability in making sound business decisions
- Proven ability in employee relations
- Proven ability in formulating policies and procedures
- Proven customer service orientation ability
The successful candidate will also demonstrate strong abilities in the following competencies:
- Building Relationships & Partnerships
- Change Leadership
- Developing Others
- Listening, Understanding and Responding
- Results Orientation
- Team Leadership
- Strategic Orientation
This is a permanent full-time position and is rated a Salary Level CU-10 ($89,441 – $105,225). Atlantic Central offers a competitive benefits package as well as the opportunity to participate in the Performance Sharing Incentive Plan.
Applications will close on August 16, 2019.
Interested candidates should forward their résumé, including salary expectations, in confidence, to:
Human Resources Department
6074 Lady Hammond Road
Halifax, NS B3K 2R7
(When sending applications by e-mail, please send in MS Word format)