Director of Operations & Risk – Eagle River Credit Union
Eagle River Credit Union with branches in 6 locations across Newfoundland and Labrador is actively seeking a strategic and results oriented individual to join our Senior Management Team. The Director of Operations & Risk is responsible for the operational and risk management integrity of the Credit Union.
Key responsibilities include:
• Leading operational efficiency projects and activities throughout the credit union; and providing direct support to management and staff regarding identification, evaluation, mitigation, and control of operational and AML risks, and business controls to ensure compliance with procedures and regulations.
• Directing and executing daily operational functions.
• Designing, developing, and implementing operational and risk policies, procedures and processes to ensure efficiency, and to comply with industry best practices and/or best practices for ERCU’s business model.
• Performing ongoing operational and risk assessments and compliance reviews to ensure compliance policies and risk controls are operating appropriately.
• Working with system partners and regulatory bodies to ensure emerging requirements and risk controls are successfully implemented.
• Direct oversight of the disaster recovery/business continuity program and procedures.
• Management of ERCU’s enterprise risk management program and procedures.
To apply for this position, please forward your resume to HumanResources@ercu.ca or by mail to
Human Resources Department
Eagle River Credit Union
1 Church Street
Deer Lake, NL A8A 1C9
Applications close on
Friday, January 13, 2017
At Eagle River Credit Union we believe in, and require all employees to be committed to their work and focused on outcomes that support member satisfaction. We also believe in personal growth and work-life balance. We offer one of the best compensation and benefits packages in Atlantic Canada that includes generous personal leave time, performance-based incentives and training and education reimbursements.
You must hold a valid Social Insurance Number and be eligible to work in Canada.
The ability to travel to each of the 6 branch locations as required quarterly.
Telecommuting within Atlantic Canada will be considered.
The ideal candidate has: A university degree as well as 6 to 9 years operational risk experience; certifications or willingness to obtain Operational Effectiveness and or Risk Management Certifications; experience in leading a team of staff to achieve robust outcomes; and specific knowledge of technology, business analysis and analytics, and risk frameworks.
Eagle River Credit Union values diversity in the workplace and we are committed to the principle of Employment Equity. We encourage the recruitment and promotion of aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities, visible minorities, and women, to ensure that they are equitably represented at all levels of employment within the company.