Eagle River Credit Union, Corporate Office, Accounting Officer
Eagle River Credit Union’s Financial Department has an opening for an Accounting Officer reporting to the Director of Finance & Credit Union Operations.
Working from our Deer Lake location, this position provides support to the financial team through maintenance of the financial and budget reporting system, as well as support to budgeting, accounting, and variance analysis. Specific accountabilities include:
- Assists in the preparation of monthly financial statements, including preparation or review of month-end and quarter-end variance analyses. Present analyses and recommendations to management.
- Provide assistance in researching, developing, and implementing accounting policies and procedures.
- Participates in key projects to increase efficiencies in the department.
- Verifies and balances various business transactions including funds received and disbursed, accounts payable, and accounts receivable.
- Prepares and maintains various schedules including Fixed Assets, Prepaid Expenses, Accounts Payable and balances to General Ledger control accounts.
- Coordinates credit union internal accounts and current account reconciliations.
- Assists in the preparation of the annual capital and operating budgets for the Credit Union.
- Assists in the preparation of the annual audit working papers and provides assistance to external auditors, regulatory auditors and internal auditors.
- Assists and backs-up other members of the Accounting Department and completes other duties and projects as assigned.
A thorough knowledge of Accounting with a minimum of 3-5 years of accounting experience with demonstrated track record of accuracy and attention to detail.
You will be the perfect fit for this role if you describe yourself as someone with a can-do attitude, well organized with strong attention to detail, have outstanding communication skills, have a professional presentation, and willing to work as part of a team as well as independently.
Applications close on Friday, April 3rd, 2015.
We offer competitive salaries, a comprehensive benefits package, pension plan, and performance bonuses.
If this job sounds like something you would both enjoy and excel at, we would like to hear from you.
To apply for this position, please forward your resume to HumanResources@ercu.ca or by mail to:Human Resources Department Eagle River Credit Union PO Box 29 L’Anse au Loup, NL A0K 3L0
Eagle River Credit Union values diversity in the workplace and we are committed to the principle of Employment Equity. We encourage the recruitment and promotion of aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities, visible minorities, and women, to ensure that they are equitably represented at all levels of employment within the company.