Eagle River Credit Union, Manager of Operations
Eagle River Credit Union has branches in 6 locations across Newfoundland & Labrador and over $140 million in assets. We are currently seeking a dynamic individual to join our team as a Manager of Operations. The successful incumbent will work from our Deer Lake location and have responsibility to provide management and strategic support to Credit Union Operations.
Our Manager of Operations must demonstrate analytical, problem solving, and decision-making abilities. The primary responsibilities and expectations include:
- Develops and/or recommends the establishment of new, or the revision of existing practices, policies and procedures in accordance with sound Credit Union operation practices to best meet the needs of the Credit Union and Branch Operations.
- Responsible for the management and/or oversight of the daily operations of all branches, including internal controls, risk management and general compliance to Sound Business Practices.
- Shared responsibility for the review, update and maintenance of ERCU’s Policies and Procedures as it relates to Credit Union Operations.
- Responsible for developing and conducting appropriate training programs for the team members as it relates to Credit Union Operations, Risk and Compliance and efficient and professional service delivery.
- Provides assistance to staff in researching problems, provides coaching and mentoring, and supports providing direction of the activities of the department.
Critical Skills, Experience, and Competencies
- A thorough knowledge of Credit Union Operations with a minimum of 3-5 years of proven experience would be an asset.
- Strong business, financial, and entrepreneurial acumen.
- A team player, believing in the values of inclusion and collaboration.
- Strong leadership, coaching and motivational skills, responsive and flexible.
- Demonstrated analytical, problem solving and decision-making abilities.
- Ability to persuade and positively influence at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities, delegate authority, and hold self and staff accountable for performance.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Self-motivated, results-oriented, and well-organized.
- Ability to work under time constraints.
- A candidate who is familiar with rural Newfoundland & Labrador community and marketplace would be beneficial.
- Ability to travel to either/all of the 6 branch locations as required.
We offer competitive salaries, a comprehensive benefits package, pension plan, and performance bonuses.
Applications close on Friday, April 3rd, 2015.
If this job sounds like something you would both enjoy and excel at, we would like to hear from you.
To apply for this position, please forward your resume to HumanResources@ercu.ca or by mail toHuman Resources Department Eagle River Credit Union PO Box 29 L’Anse au Loup, NL A0K 3L0