Employment Opportunity: Account Manager, Business Services, East Coast, Cape Breton
East Coast Credit Union is a dynamic, full service, financial co-operative using a focused approach to partner with individual and business members to achieve financial success. East Coast Credit Union has approx. $750 million in assets and serves more than 41,000 members from 20 locations from Cape Breton to Halifax. Deeply committed to the communities we live and work in, East Coast Credit Union provides not only financial support to local organizations and events but also countless staff volunteer hours every year. We believe in the value of People Helping People and encourage banking local and buying local.
East Coast Credit Union is currently accepting applications for the position of Account Manager, Business Services to be responsible for providing exceptional member service; building relationships with existing and prospective members and offering a full range of business products and services. Through managing a diverse portfolio of commercial accounts, the incumbent will examine, evaluate, authorize or recommend approval of commercial and public sector applications for credit.
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Business Services Commercial Accounts, your primary focus will be to:
- Manage an assigned portfolio of existing members and proactively look for opportunities to grow the portfolio.
- Interview members, review loan applications; assess credit risk and make approval decisions while adhering to existing policies and procedures.
- Compile loan packages and negotiate loan structure with applicant, including but not limited to rates,repayment options, and other credit terms.
- Proactively identify commercial members’ current and future financial needs and offer suitable products & services. Refer business to other areas of the Credit Union.
- Recommend sound business lending practices and procedures consistent with policy, industry standards, and member service expectations.
- Assist Branch Managers with credit structuring, assessment and provide training and coaching when required.
- Monitor account overdraft activity and contact members to encourage prompt repayment of delinquent accounts.
- Support community initiatives through volunteering and attending events and activities on behalf of the Credit Union.
The successful candidate will have completed a Business Degree with an emphasis in Business Administration or Commerce plus have three to five years of experience in commercial lending in a financial institution; or an equivalent combination of training and experience in credit management.
The successful candidate will also have:
- Sales oriented with a demonstrated ability to proactively listen, identify sales opportunities, and solve problems.
- Demonstrated business development and retention skills.
- Exceptional communication and relationship building skills with the proven ability to exercise sound judgment and discretion.
- Strong analytical and decision-making skills.
- In-depth understanding of financial products, trends and service offerings.
- Proven organizational, planning and multi-tasking skills.
- Proven ability to interpret financial data.
- Ability to work independently and be a team player
- Thorough knowledge of risk management practices; internal auditing and regulatory compliance.
- Proficiency in the use of technology.
The incumbent also must:
- Be able and willing to work extended hours, including evenings and weekends.
- Be able and willing to travel to various locations of East Coast Credit Union.
- Be willing to take additional training or courses as required.
This is a full time position and salary will commensurate with experience. East Coast Credit Union offers an outstanding culture and work environment together with a competitive benefits and compensation package.
Applications will be accepted until Monday, October 8, 2018.
Interested candidates should forward cover letter and resume in confidence to:
When sending resumes by e-mail, please submit in MS Word or PDF format.
Please note that all offers of employment are conditional upon the acceptance of an Individual Fidelity Bond Application which includes a criminal check and a credit check.
We wish to thank applicants in advance; only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.