Full Time Financial Services Officer, East Coast Credit Union, Elmsdale, NS
East Coast Credit Union is a dynamic, full service, financial co-operative using a focused approach to partner with individual and business members to achieve financial success. East Coast Credit Union has $650 million in assets and serves more than 41,000 members from 20 branch locations from Cape Breton to Halifax. Providing convenient banking options means their members can do their banking any way, anywhere and anytime they choose! East Coast Credit Union is locally owned and operated. Deeply committed to the communities we live and work in, East Coast Credit Union provides not only financial support to local organizations and events but also countless staff volunteer hours every year. They believe in the value of People Helping People and encourage banking local and buying local.
East Coast Credit Union is currently accepting applications for the position of a Full-Time Financial Services Officer located in the Elmsdale Branch. The position may also require the incumbent to work in various branch locations within the HRM.
Reporting to the Branch Manager, the Financial Services Officer will be responsible for the member needs in both lending and deposit products. Through business development you will promote and provide a full range of products and services. Emphasis will be on consumer loans, mortgages, lines of credit, card products, registered and non-registered investments.
As the Financial Services Officer, your primary focus will be to:
- Provide professional financial advice, while delivering exceptional member service delivery
- Meet the needs of our membership by offering advice and East Coast Credit Union products to enable our members to reach their financial goals.
- Be knowledgeable of all lending, investment & account products and services offered through East Coast Credit Union & its partners.
- Analyze current local market & potential trends to plan & develop relationship building activities.
- Provide financial counseling to members as required and refer members who require financial planning advice
- Proactively identify members current and future financial needs through active listening skills during member conversations, to provide our members with the appropriate products & services.
- Contribute towards the branch business objectives by meetings or exceeding individual personal sales goals.
- Retain and expand member relationships to achieve business objectives
- Actively participate in coaching sessions, meetings, and training requirements for your role
- Contribute to a positive working environment
The successful candidate will have successfully completed a certificate or diploma in Business Administration plus have 3 to 5 years’ experience in credit and in a financial institution; or an equivalent combination of training and experience in credit. The successful candidate will also have:
- Exceptional sales and service skills
- Excellent knowledge of financial products
- Commercial lending will be considered an asset
- Demonstrated business development
- Customer and Personal Service, includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction
- Understand analysis and reporting of financial data
- Demonstrated accuracy and attention to detail
- Sales oriented with a demonstrated ability to proactively listen, identify sales opportunities, and solve problems
- Strong communication and relationship building skills with the proven ability to exercise sound judgment, and discretion
- Negotiation Skills
- Understand and apply operating policies and procedures, adhering to credit, & compliance
- Solid multitasking and decision making skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suites
- Adaptability to Change; Customer Service Orientation; Listening, Understanding and Responding; Results Orientation; Team Leadership; and Strategic Orientation
- Display the competencies required to build the foundation with the 4 P’s when working with members – Proficient, Professional, Proactive and Patient
East Coast Credit Union offers an outstanding culture and work environment together with a competitive compensation package.
Application deadline is Wednesday, May 3, 2017.
If you are interested in pursuing this exciting opportunity, please submit your cover letter and resume in confidence to:Amy Johnson, Human Resources Officer 155 Ochterloney Street Dartmouth, NS B2Y 1C9 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
When sending resumes by e-mail, please submit in MS Word or PDF format.
Please note that preference will be given to candidates who most closely meet the knowledge, skills and competencies outlined above. We want to thank applicants in advance and only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.