Financial Relationship Officer, Community Credit Union of Cumberland Colchester, NS
Community Credit Union is a local, values-based financial institution serving the needs of individuals and businesses in Cumberland and Colchester counties.
Community Credit Union is currently seeking an experienced consumer and residential mortgage lender to fill a 6-month term as a Financial Relationship Officer (FRO) based in either Amherst or Truro, at the option of the successful candidate. Reporting to the CEO, the Financial Relationship Officer is responsible for providing an extraordinary service experience to existing and potential members.
The Financial Relationship Officer is responsible for:
- Meeting with members and providing sound financial advice.
- Analyzing applicant financial status, credit, and property evaluation to determine feasibility of granting mortgages and loans.
- Compiling mortgage/loan package and negotiating mortgage/loan structure with applicant, including rates, terms repayment options, and other credit terms.
- Analyzing potential opportunities involved in each situation to further assist the member as well as increasing the Credit Union lending/deposit portfolio and use of products.
- Proactively contacting members, updating member data and working independently to manage member relationships.
- Keeping up-to-date with the lending procedures, policies, processes and regulatory environment.
- Actively participate in coaching sessions, meetings, and training requirements.
The ideal candidate possesses a certificate or diploma in Business Administration and has three to five years experience in credit and collections in a financial institution, or an equivalent combination of training and experience in credit.
The hours of work are Monday to Friday from 4 p.m. to 8 p.m. and on Saturday from 9 a.m. until 2 p.m.
This term FRO position has the potential to transition to a permanent position with a generous benefits package if lending volumes are deemed sufficient at the end of the term.
This is a bargaining unit position in Classification 5 of the agreement between Community Credit Union and Unifor Local 2107, with a starting rate of $22.52 per hour.
Interested candidates are invited to submit their resumes to Lynn Prime, HR Manager by October 20, 2017 via e-mail to email@example.com.