Financial Service Representative 1 – Public Service Credit Union
Public Service Credit Union is a community based full-service financial institution with assets of $63 Million , serving approximately 5000 members from one branch in St. John’s NL. Public Service Credit Union is looking for a Financial Service Representative 1. This is a temporary position with the opportunity for full time hours.
Under the direction of the Manager of Credit & Operations, the FSR I provides counter and telephone service to members, responds to member enquiries, cross sells services, processes member transactions, balance cash and transactions and resolves routine problems with member accounts.
- Provides services to members by receiving and processing financial transactions within CU policy and procedures including opening and closing of accounts; cashing cheques; deposits, ICU transactions, withdrawals; transfers between accounts; utility payments; stop payment orders; hold on accounts; bank transfers, calculating foreign & domestic exchange; certifying cheques; processing loan payments; processing cheque orders; issuing travelers cheques, money orders, drafts and other negotiable instruments; ordering and replacing lost and stolen debit cards, changing debit card limits authorized by management.
- Balances internal accounts and cash daily.
- Scans cheques and ensures the cheque total in banking agrees to the total in Remote Deposit Capture Program.
- Maintains accurate cash supply in accordance with cash custody and safekeeping procedures.
- Escorts members to Safety Deposit Boxes and provides instruction.
- Responds to member inquiries, cross selling services to current and potential members; identifying member needs and referring more complex requests for information and assistance to appropriate staff.
- Completes forms for Suspicious Transactions and Large Cash Transactions and submits to Manager of Finance within the specified timeframes.
- Maintains knowledge of credit union deposit services and products and follows relevant policies & procedures.
- Performs a variety of general office tasks including typing, filing (signature cards and other credit union documents), answering the telephone, arranging monthly statements for mailing, checking reports, and other general office administration.
- Participates in Credit Union marketing campaigns to cross-sell services & products and attract new members.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Experience:
- The Financial Services Representative I will have successfully completed a certificate or diploma in Administration (1 year) including courses in Technology, Marketing and Accounting as well as 1 year’s experience in financial industry or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must be bondable.
- Demonstrated ability to use Computerized Systems and Programs
- Demonstrated ability to use good writing and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and to interact effectively with staff and members.
- Working Knowledge of policies and procedures of the Credit Union.
- Demonstrated ability to calculate discounts and interest.
Application close date is Friday, October 4th, 2019. Interested candidates should forward their resume and cover letter in confidence to:
Sharon Tucker, Manager of Credit and Operations
Public Service Credit Union
403 Empire Ave.