Financial Service Representative, Eagle River, Happy Valley – Goose Bay
Are you looking to advance your career with a successful and stable organization that has abundant opportunity for advancement? Are you interested in impacting the lives of those in your local community?
Eagle River Credit Union is expanding and looking for driven individuals with the desire to work in a busy, solutions-focused and member driven environment and share in our success as we continue to grow!
Using an enthusiastic approach, the Financial Services Representative creates unique and loyal relationships with members. You sell personal benefits based on member’s needs and reviews additional membership opportunities at the time of each interaction. The Branch FSR is a multi-tasking employee, who must remain knowledgeable in the full suite of ERCU’s products and service and in all aspects of Branch operations.
Main Responsibilities & Focus
- Managing the relationships of members in a defined portfolio to increase member loyalty, actively market the full suite of ERCU products and services and expand member relationships.
- Processing transaction accurately and efficiently in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Markets to members various deposit services including term deposits, RRSPs, RESPs, RRIFs, etc. (as appropriate) or refers to Financial Planning Representatives where required.
- Provide information to the membership/applicants concerning the different types of loans offered, the terms and interest rates, and the documentation needed to be considered for a loan.
- Plays an active role in the Branch’s cooperative and social responsibility (CSR) partnerships as well as the event marketing and outreach activities happening throughout the year.
- Presents and explains products and services and cross-selling on the benefits of utilizing other Credit Union services in all your face-to-face and telephone interactions with members.
- Resolving problems or discrepancies concerning member accounts promptly and within assigned timelines.
Credit unions are financial co-operatives; organizations that are owned by the very people who use their services and where every member has a say in how the Credit Union operates and where their money goes. Credit unions strive to strengthen the communities in which they exist by supporting local businesses and charities, promoting environmental sustainability, and giving back to their members.
At Eagle River Credit Union, we ask our employees to always work with the member in mind; and although technology is important, it is our approach to tailoring our products and services to meet the individual and unique needs of our members, along with our human-touch that differentiates us from other Financial Institutions. We are more than a bank!
Eagle River Credit Union offers one of the best compensation and benefits packages in Atlantic Canada that includes generous personal leave time, performance-based incentives, training and education reimbursements.
To apply for this position, please forward your resume to HumanResources@ercu.ca or by mail to:
Human Resources Department
Eagle River Credit Union
1 Church Street
Deer Lake, NL A8A 1C9
You will be the perfect fit for this role if you describe yourself as someone with a can-do attitude, member focused with strong attention to detail, have outstanding communication skills, have a professional presentation, and willing to work as part of a team as well as independently.