Financial Services Officer, 14-month Contract, Teachers Plus Credit Union, Bedford, NS
Teachers Plus Credit Union, Bedford, NS, is currently accepting applications for the position of Financial Services Officer (Maternity Leave). The Financial Services Officer will be responsible for the member needs in both lending and deposit products. Through business development you will promote, up sell and cross sell the full range of products and services. Emphasis will be on consumer loans, mortgages, lines of credit, card products, registered and nonregistered investments.
As the Financial Services Officer, your primary focus will be to:
- Provide financial advice, while delivering exceptional member service delivery
- Meet the needs of our membership by offering advice and Teachers Plus Credit Union products to enable our members to reach their financial goals
- Be knowledgeable of all lending, investment & account products and services offered through Teachers Plus Credit Union & its partners
- Provide financial counseling to members as required and refer members who require financial planning advice
- Proactively identify members current and future financial needs through active listening skills during member conversations, to provide our members with the appropriate products & services.
- Contribute towards the branch business objectives by meetings or exceeding individual personal sales goals
- Retain and expand member relationships to achieve business objectives
- Actively participate in coaching sessions, meetings, and training requirements for your role
- Contribute to a positive working environment
The successful candidate will have successfully completed a certificate or diploma in Business Administration plus have 2 to 4 years’ experience in credit and in a financial institution; or an equivalent combination of training and experience in credit. The successful candidate will also have:
- Exceptional sales and service skills
- Excellent knowledge of financial products
- Customer and Personal Service, includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction
- Understand analysis and reporting of financial data
- Demonstrated accuracy and attention to detail
- Sales oriented with a demonstrated ability to proactively listen, identify sales opportunities, and solve problems
- Strong communication and relationship building skills with the proven ability to exercise sound judgment, and discretion
- Negotiation Skills
- Understand and apply operating policies and procedures, adhering to credit, & compliance
- Solid multi tasking and decision making skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Word and Excel
This is a 14-month maternity leave contract position and salary will commensurate with experience. Teachers Plus Credit Union offers an outstanding culture and work environment together with a competitive compensation package.
Application deadline is Monday, November 21, 2016. If you are interested in pursuing this exciting opportunity, please submit your cover letter and resume in confidence to:
Steve Richard, CEO
16-36 Brookshire Court
Bedford, NS B4A 4E9
When sending resumes by e-mail, please submit in MS Word or PDF format.
Please note that preference will be given to candidates who most closely meet the knowledge, skills and competencies outlined above. We want to thank applicants in advance and only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.