Financial Services Officer, 6 month contract HRM, East Coast Credit Union
East Coast Credit Union is currently accepting applications for the 6-month contract position of Financial Services Officer located in HRM. You will be responsible for the member needs in both lending and deposit products. Through business development you will promote, up sell and cross sell the full range of products and services. Emphasis will be on consumer loans, mortgages, lines of credit, card products, registered and non-registered investments.
East Coast Credit Union Ltd. is a full service financial institution which has operated as a viable financial choice for its members since 1936. We have assets of approx. $380,000,000, a membership of over 27,000 and 17 Branches in Nova Scotia. As a Credit Union we are committed to community support and involvement.
The Financial Services Officer will be responsible for:
- Active business development, ensuring growth in member loans and investment business
- Granting mortgages, consumer loans and lines of credit loans within approved lending limits
- Ensuring profitability of loans through application of loan rates and appropriate service charges
- Analyzing potential markets and developing referral networks in order to locate prospects for Credit Union products
- Marketing credit union products to individuals and firms, promoting services that may meet member needs
- Opening new member accounts
- Providing financial counseling to members as required and refers members who require financial planning advice
- Monitoring and collecting delinquent loans to negotiate payment arrangements
- Identify opportunities to increase the share of wallet by proactively seeking new opportunities with existing and new members
- Retaining and expanding member relationships to achieve retention, sales, service and profitability
The successful candidate will have:
- Successfully completed a certificate or diploma in Business Administration plus have 3 to 5 years experience in credit and in a financial institution; or an equivalent combination of training and experience in credit
- Minimum of 3 years lending experience
- Exceptional sales and service skills
- Excellent knowledge of financial products
- Commercial lending will be considered an asset
Key Skills and Competencies:
- Demonstrated business development
- Customer and Personal Service, includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction
- Economics and Accounting, specifically knowledge of economic and accounting principles and practices, the financial markets, banking and the analysis and reporting of financial data
- Demonstrated accuracy and attention to detail
- Sales oriented with a demonstrated ability to proactively listen, identify sales opportunities and solve problems
- Strong communication and relationship building skills with the proven ability to exercise sound judgment, tact and discretion
- Negotiation Skills
- Solid multitasking and decision making skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suites
- Adaptability to Change; Customer Service Orientation; Listening, Understanding and Responding; Results Orientation; Team Leadership; and Strategic Orientation
This is a 6-month contract position and salary will be commensurate with experience.
Application close is Thursday, September 3, 2015.
Interested candidates should forward their resume and cover letter in confidence to:Evelyn Adesida, Human Resources Officer East Coast Credit Union 155 Ochterloney Street Dartmouth, NS B2Y 1C9
E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. When sending resumes by e-mail, please submit in MS Word format).
Please note that preference will be given to candidates who most closely meet the knowledge, skills and competencies outlined above. We wish to thank applicants in advance and only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.