Financial Services Officer (Bilingual), Évangéline-Central Credit Union, Wellington
Évangéline-Central Credit Union is a community based full-service financial institution with assets of $130 Million, serving approximately 9000 members from 3 branches; Wellington, Tyne Valley and O’Leary. We are committed to becoming the financial institution of choice that delivers competitive and innovative solutions to enhance our members’ financial wellbeing and the communities we serve.
Évangéline-Central Credit Union is actively seeking a professional to join our team as Financial Services Officer (Bilingual). The successful candidate would serve our Wellington Branch.
Reporting to the Branch Manager, the Financial Services Officer’s responsibility will be to:
- Solicit new business
- Promote, sell and administer personal lending and deposit services
- Interview members to gather sufficient factual information to determine client needs and qualifications.
- Compile loan package and negotiate loan structure and other credit terms.
- Initiate collection action as required.
- Monitor account overdraft activities to ensure accounts operate within established limits.
- Prepare documentation for loan renewals, loan payment extensions and substitution of loan securities.
- Analyze potential opportunities to further assist the member by cross selling other credit union services
- Remain current on changes in lending
- Be proactive in ongoing education
- Participate in community events to increase the credit union’s visibility and enhance new business opportunities
As the ideal candidate for this position, you will:
- have successfully completed a university or college degree with a concentration in business administration or commerce plus have three or more years lending experience in a financial institution; or equivalent combination of training and experience in credit management.
- Be a positive team player
- Have demonstrated ability to analyze risk and apply strong problem-solving skills
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills in both French and English
- Have the ability to make strong independent decisions and make recommendations for lending over assigned limits
- Have the ability to multitask and self-manage
- Have a minimum of intermediate level skills with Microsoft Office including Word and Excel
This is a full-time position offering a competitive compensation and benefits package commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Applications close on Friday, May 29, 2015 at 6:00pm AST. Interested candidates should forward their résumé in confidence, by email to:
Terry Wood, Human Resources Officer (email@example.com ). Attachments should be in Word or PDF format.
Or by mail to:
Terry Wood, Human Resources Officer Évangéline-Central Credit Union O’Leary Branch 512 Main Street O’Leary, PE C0B 1V0
Évangéline-Central Credit Union wishes to thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.