Financial Services Officer – Doyles Branch
Leading Edge Credit Union is searching for an outgoing individual who is service and sales oriented to fill the position of Financial Service Officer for their Doyles Branch.
Reporting to the Branch Manager, the Financial Services Officer is responsible for examining, evaluating and authorizing or recommending approval of borrowers’ applications for credit or extension lines of credit, consumer loans, mortgage loans, small business loans, and credit cards.
- Bachelor Degree with emphasis in Business Administration, and three to five years’ experience in credit and collections in a financial institution; or an equivalent combination of training and experience in credit.
- Strong oral, written and presentation communication skills, along with strong interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of the lending process.
- Working knowledge of products and services, along with policies and regulatory environment.
- Proven sound lending judgment and sales skills.
- Demonstrated proficiency in calculating amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, etc.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- Proven time management skills with the ability to manage multiple tasks and an understanding of risk management practices.
- Financial counseling of customer owners. Through a series of different contact points the Financial Services Officer will offer loan and investment solutions that best suit the needs of Leading Edge Credit Union customer owners.
- The effective management of delinquency using numerous collection methods.
- Participation in all operational activities to assist the branch in meeting its annual goals and objectives.
- Providing superior service in all member contact situations.
- Developing new business opportunities through solicitation and a strong community presence.
- Completing the necessary training and development plan to become fully proficient in the roles and responsibilities of an FSO.
Closing date: November 14, 2014
Please submit résumé along with transcripts and two references in confidence to:
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those applicants under consideration will be contacted.