Financial Services Officer, Full-Time, Happy Valley-Goose Bay, Eagle River Credit Union, NL
Are you looking to advance your career with a successful and stable organization that has abundant opportunity for advancement? Are you interested in impacting the lives of those in your local community? Eagle River Credit Union is expanding and looking for driven individuals with the desire to work in a busy, solutions-focused and member driven environment and share in our success as we continue to grow!
As a Financial Services Officer, you create relationships and learn about our members’ lives and financial history. You have the unique ability to look beyond a credit score, placing value on individual circumstances, and help our members achieve their financial dreams.
Main responsibilities and focus
The Financial Services Officer position is a financial sales and service position. In this role, you will provide information on financial products and services to current and prospective members. You are responsible for completing the full loan or mortgage application process, including the preparation of documents, analysis of data and credit history, as well as collecting and reviewing required documentation for consumer loan and mortgage products. Additionally, you will promote the full suite of credit union products to members. Additional responsibilities include:
- Providing exceptional service to our members from the loan application to approval process and beyond.
- Making calls to members in your portfolio to increase member loyalty, actively market the full suite of ERCU products and services and deepen member relationships.
- Underwriting loans based on established guidelines in the Loan Policy. Approve loans that meet policy guidelines within authorized limits and established timeframes.
- Educating members regarding the wise use of credit, loan commitments, personal budgeting, and financial goal planning.
- Placing follow-up calls to members regarding delinquent loans and/or overdrawn accounts.
- Marketing to members various deposit services including term deposits, RRSPs, RESPs, RRIFs, etc. (as appropriate) or refers to the Financial Planning Representatives where required.
- Playing an active role in the Branch’s cooperative and social responsibility (CSR) partnerships as well as the event marketing and outreach activities happening throughout the year.
- Supporting Credit Union office in daily operational activities including opening new accounts and answering telephone inquirers
You will be the perfect fit for this role if you describe yourself as someone who is a relationship builder, with strong desire to achieve results, has a solid background in retail lending, with a professional presentation, and willing to work as part of a team as well as independently.
We offer very competitive salaries, a comprehensive benefits package, pension plan, and performance bonuses.
Applications close on July 31st.
To apply for this position, please forward your resume to HumanResources@ercu.ca or by mail to:Human Resources Department Eagle River Credit Union PO Box 29 L’Anse au Loup, NL A0K 3L0 Eagle River Credit Union values diversity in the workplace and we are committed to the principle of Employment Equity. We encourage the recruitment and promotion of aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities, visible minorities, and women, to ensure that they are equitably represented at all levels of employment within the company.