Financial Services Officer I, Commercial and Lending Services
Atlantic Central is currently accepting applications for its subsidiary, League Savings and Mortgage Company, Halifax Branch, for an eight (8) month and fifteen (15) days term position of Financial Services Officer I, Commercial and Lending Services to provide specialized commercial mortgage administrative and project support to the Commercial and Lending Services department and high quality customer service to clients and credit unions. The incumbent will promote and cross-sell existing and potential clients on the benefits of using other LSM/AC and /or credit union products and services.
Reporting to the Supervisor, Commercial and Lending Services, the Financial Services Officer I, Commercial and Lending Services will be responsible for:
- Analyzing commercial mortgage loan files upon maturity to identify strengths/ weaknesses to prepare recommendations and determine with Management new renewal terms and rates to be offered. Preparing and processing commercial loan renewal documentation, interest rate blends for refinances and early renewal requests. Contacting existing members/credit unions to negotiate new renewal terms, determine solutions to retain business and identify potential refinance and other business opportunities. Following up to ensure signed renewal agreements are obtained and appropriate measures are taken to complete renewals according to procedures. Ensuring targets set relating to outstanding renewals and rate variations are achieved in accordance with commercial department goals. Completing various month-end and quarterly reports, including maturity report, commercial loans new and renewal report.
- Reviewing approved loan to determine conditions to be met prior to funding. Working closely with Underwriters, clients, credit unions and/or brokers to request and obtain outstanding items. Reviewing required documentation and verifying for accuracy. Recommending and/or making appropriate changes to conditions in accepting alternate documentation to fulfil requirements and ensuring compliance. Contacting solicitors and ensuring legal documentation complete and accurate and special conditions are met prior to disbursement of funds. Processing advances including but not limited to: reviewing inspection reports, calculating progress draws/holdbacks and setting up repayment terms.
- Serving as the primary contact for the credit unions for the LSM Participation loan portfolio after approval. Providing guidance and assistance to the Credit Unions regarding the participation loan process, identifying and resolving all issues. Administering the LSM Participation loan portfolio.
- Analyzing potential lending and/or deposit opportunities involved in each situation to further assist the client. Cross selling existing and potential borrowers on the benefits of utilizing other LSM and/or credit union products and services.
- Acting as a resource to the LSM and AC underwriters, commercial/lending services administrators, credit union staff, clients and brokers regarding commercial and lending services procedures and product information. Providing input and assisting in the development and implementation of new practices.
- Serving as the primary back-up of the other FSO I, Commercial and Lending Services. Participating in cross-training on a regular basis on the other commercial/lending services administration functions and provides back-up to these functions as required. Actively participating in achieving departmental objectives. Developing and maintaining procedure guide for the incumbent’s position.
- Completing other duties and projects as assigned.
The successful candidate will have successfully completed a diploma in Business Administration plus have 3-5 years relevant lending and commercial administration experience in a financial institution; or have an equivalent combination of training and experience.
The successful candidate will also have the following skill set:
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong time-management skills
- Proven ability to perform mathematical calculations including interest, ratios and percents
- Demonstrated knowledge of the commercial and residential mortgage process: underwriting, credit analysis, property appraisal, security, disbursement, closing and accounting entries
- Demonstrated proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Access and Outlook)
- Demonstrated working knowledge of electronic banking systems
The successful candidate will demonstrate strong competencies in:
- Adaptability to Change
- Customer Service Orientation
- Listening, Understanding and Responding
- Results Orientation
- Teamwork and Cooperation
- Strategic Orientation
This is an eight (8) month and fifteen (15) days term position and is rated a Salary Level CU-5 ($47,453 – $55,827).
Applications will close on Friday, February 16, 2018.
Interested candidates should forward their résumé, in confidence, to:
Human Resources Department
6074 Lady Hammond Road
Halifax, NS B3K 2R7
Email: email@example.com (When sending applications by e-mail, please send in MS Word format)