Financial Services Officer II, Investments
Atlantic Central is currently accepting applications for its subsidiary, League Savings and Mortgage Company, Halifax Branch, for the position of Financial Services Officer II, Investments to provide high quality customer service to existing and potential clients through the promotion and selling of the various investment products available through League Savings and Mortgage including GICs, RRSPs, RRIFs, etc. and through the cross-selling on the benefits of using other LSM and/or credit union products and services.
Reporting to the Branch Manager, the Financial Services Officer II, Investments will be responsible for:
- Conducting personal or telephone interviews with existing and potential customers to determine investment needs. Selling various investment services including term deposits, RRSPs, RESPs, RRIFs, LIFs, LIRAs TFSAs etc. Analyzing customer investment portfolios to provide sound financial advice regarding their investments.
- Communicating investment instructions to the centralized administration unit for various investment services. Calculating RRIF payments and ensuring compliance with the various pension legislations.
- Analyzing potential opportunities involved in each situation to further assist the customer as well as increasing the Branch’s deposit/lending portfolio and use of products. Cross selling on the benefits of utilizing other LSM and/or credit union product and services.
- Acting as a trusted resource to provide investment advice to credit unions in order to assist them in dealing with their customers.
- Contacting direct customers regarding pending investment maturities and negotiating interest rates and terms. Monitoring the deposit renewal process and providing assistance to credit unions as required.
- Managing the relationship between the relationship management unit and credit unions by providing information to credit union staff to ensure they are kept up to date on LSM products and services and changes in the investment business.
- Assisting in managing acceptable risk, by negotiating enhanced interest rates that comply with company policies and procedures with all credit unions, brokers and direct customers.
- Soliciting new business via transfers from other financial institutions. Maintaining and monitoring pending files and providing follow up with transferring institutions in a timely manner.
- Assisting members of the department as required and completing other duties and projects as assigned.
The successful candidate will have successfully completed a diploma in Business Administration plus have three to five years relevant experience in a financial institution, preferably a credit union; or have an equivalent combination of education and experience, as well as the following skill set:
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Working knowledge of policies and regulatory environment
- Demonstrated proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Proven sales skills
- Working knowledge of products and services
The successful candidate will demonstrate strong competencies in:
- Adaptability to Change
- Customer Service Orientation
- Listening, Understanding and Responding
- Results Orientation
- Teamwork and Cooperation
- Strategic Orientation
This is a full-time position and is rated a Salary Level CU-5 ($44,607 – $52,479). League Savings and Mortgage Company offers a competitive benefits package as well as the opportunity to participate in the Performance Sharing Incentive Plan.
Applications will close on Tuesday, June 17, 2014.
Interested candidates should forward their résumé, in confidence, to:
Human Resources Department
PO Box 9200, Station A
Halifax, NS B3K 5N3
Email: email@example.com (When sending applications by e-mail, please send in MS Word format)