Financial Services Officer – Leading Edge Credit Union
Leading Edge Credit Union is a community based, full-service co-operative financial institution with assets of $122.6 Million. Serving approximately 8,800 members from our five branches from Port aux Basques to Corner Brook, our vision is to assist all our members to meet their financial goals by providing advice and services with a focus on our members’ best interests. Our commitment to our co-operative principles and values mean that we do more than just provide great banking services; we build honesty, trust, fairness and concern for community into everything we do.
Reporting to the Branch Manager, as Financial Services Officer, you will be responsible for examining, evaluating and authorizing or recommending approval of borrower’s applications for or extension of credit including lines of credit, consumer loans, mortgage loans, small business loans, and credit cards. You will also be responsible for selling various deposit products available through the credit union including GICs, RRSPs, RRIFs, etc. Your role involves the provision of financial services including advice-giving, credit adjudication, personal financial management advice, referral services and opportunity identification for additional credit union products and services.
- Working in the members’ best interests to provide wise financial advice and to prepare and analyze personal and financial data to determine lending and/or investment needs.
- Identifying and acting on opportunities to educate the member on the benefits of utilizing other Credit Union products and services.
- The effective management of delinquency according to industry best practices.
- Participation in all operational activities to assist the branch in meeting identified goals and objectives including LECU’s member engagement and corporate social responsibility initiatives.
- Continuous learning is a key component of all positions within LECU. The successful candidate will be committed to continuing education based on an educational roadmap.
- Identify referral opportunities for wealth management, insurance products, etc.
- Providing support to members using all member touch-points such as email, in-person, and telephone. Expert knowledge of online channels such as mobile and online banking and other emerging technologies will be required. Training will be provided.
As the ideal candidate for this position, you hold a bachelor’s degree or diploma with an emphasis in Business Administration and you have demonstrated experience in a financial or sales role. An equivalent combination of training and experience may also be considered. An Investment Funds of Canada certification will be considered a strong asset. Credit unions are co-operative financial institutions. Employees are team players who work exceptionally well with internal and external stakeholders and partner organizations to support the vision and mission of LECU. As the ideal candidate, you also have:
- Strong written and oral communication skills and you have great interpersonal skills.
- Proven sound lending judgement and sales skills.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office applications and an aptitude for adapting to new technologies.
- Proven time management skills with the ability to thrive in a fast-paced, busy work environment.
- A strong sense of community and a commitment to the co-operative values and principles on which the credit union is built.
Does this sound like you? If so, please submit your resume, complete with two references, via fax, email or mail, to the address below by May 3rd, 2019.
Leading Edge Credit Union
Financial Services Officer Position – PAB Branch
27 Grand Bay Road, P.O. Box 70
Grand Bay East, Newfoundland A0N 1K0
Fax: (709) 695-7078
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those applicants under consideration will be contacted.