Financial Services Officer – Morell Credit Union
Morell Credit Union Limited is a community based full-service financial institution with assets of $37 Million serving approximately 1900 members in the communities of Morell, St. Peter’s, Mount Stewart and surrounding areas. At the credit union we not only take pride in our service to our customers and in our commitment to the communities within which we operate, but we also greatly value our employees and make fulfillment, opportunity and well being a priority. Operating a diversified personal lending portfolio along with a business sector focus on small to medium enterprise, Morell Credit Union is looking for a Financial Services Officer.
Reporting to the General Manager, the Financial Services Officer is responsible for providing exceptional customer service and wise financial guidance in the delivery of lending services and lending portfolio administration. Key responsibilities include:
- Promoting, selling and administering personal lending and mortgage products including; delinquency follow-up, credit line renewals, credit checks, employment verifications, collateral documentation and filing, registry searches, registration of security, approval or decline of loans, compiling loan package and negotiating loan structure with applicants
- Analyzing potential opportunities to further assist customers, creating awareness of and cross selling other beneficial credit union products and services
- Staying attuned to and soliciting new business
- Providing financial counseling
- Proactively responding to client inquiries and/or requests.
- Participating in promotion and marketing campaigns, and representing the credit union at special member and community events.
As the ideal candidate for this position, you have a proven track record of success in needs based selling, demonstrated ability to analyze risk and apply strong problem-solving skills. You consistently exhibit excellent communications skills and attention to detail and are a team player.
You hold a certificate or diploma in Business Administration or equivalent plus have three to five years experience in credit and collections in a financial institution; or an equivalent combination of training and experience in credit.
Does this sound like you? If so, please submit your resume including salary expectation to Sherri Clark, (email@example.com) Closing Date: April 5, 2019.
We appreciate all applicants, however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.