Financial Services Officer, Mortgages – EasternEdge Credit Union
EasternEdge Credit Union is a progressive, community based, full-service, cooperative financial institution serving more than 3000 members throughout Newfoundland and Labrador. We are focused and committed to empowering members to make the best decisions for their financial well-being. With assets of $73 million, EasternEdge Credit Union offers a complete line of competitive and customized financial products and services and operates a diversified lending portfolio with residential mortgages, lines of credit and personal loans. We are currently looking for a Financial Services Officer – Mortgages to assist in the growth and development of the mortgage and loan portfolios by providing lending services to current and future members.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Meeting with members and working collaboratively to determine their financial needs
- Interviewing members, analyzing applications and authorizing approvals for mortgage and loan applications
- Negotiating mortgage/loan structure with applicants. Eg. rate, term, repayment options
- Cross-selling various products and services, as well as business development and promotion
- Keeping up-to-date with lending procedures, policies, processes and regulatory requirements
The ideal candidate for this position:
- Holds a certificate or diploma in Business Administration
- Has three to five years experience in credit, preferably with a concentration in mortgages
- Understands the importance of providing exceptional member service and has proven needs-based selling experience
- Has demonstrated knowledge of financial principles and compliance with sound business credit judgment and practices with emphasis on following established internal policies, limits, guidelines and procedures
- Has strong technical skills and is proficient in Microsoft Office applications
- Demonstrates strong oral and written communication and negotiating skills
- Is a team player with excellent relationship-building skills
EasternEdge Credit Union offers a competitive compensation and benefits package. If this opportunity appeals to you, a résumé outlining your qualifications, experience and references should be forwarded to firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday, December 9th, 2019.
Visit us online: www.easternedgecu.com
We thank all applicants for expressing interest. Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.