Financial Services Officer, New Glasgow, East Coast Credit Union
East Coast Credit Union is a dynamic, full service, financial co-operative using a focused approach to partner with individual and business members to achieve financial success. East Coast Credit Union has approx. $750 million in assets and serves more than 41,000 members from 19 branch locations from Cape Breton to Halifax. Deeply committed to the communities we live and work in, East Coast Credit Union provides not only financial support to local organizations and events but also countless staff volunteer hours every year. We believe in the value of People Helping People and encourage banking local and buying local.
East Coast Credit Union is currently accepting applications for the full-time position of Financial Services Officer (FSO), located in the New Glasgow Branch. The Financial Services Officer will be responsible for the member needs in both lending and deposit products. Through business development and delivery of exceptional member experience, you will promote and sell a full range of products and services including but not limited to loans, mortgages, lines of credit, card products, registered and non-registered investments.
Reporting to the Branch Manager, your main focus will be to:
- Meet with members; provide sound financial advice; open and close accounts while delivering exceptional member service.
- Analyze applicant financial status, credit, and property evaluation to determine feasibility of granting loan.
- Compile loan package and negotiate loan structure with applicant, including rates, terms repayment options, and other credit terms.
- Analyze potential opportunities involved in each situation to further assist the member as well as increase the Credit Union’s lending/deposit portfolio and use of products.
- Proactively contact members on a regular basis; update KYM and work independently to manage member relationships.
- Provide individual financial counseling and information to members on loan services and deposit products available through the credit union. Make referrals for those requiring financial planning advice.
- Prepare documentation for loan renewals, loan payment extensions and substitution of loan securities. Approve releases of security for paid out loans and mortgages.
- Keep up-to-date with the lending procedures, policies, processes and regulatory environment.
- Actively participate in coaching sessions, meetings, and training requirements.
- Complete other duties as assigned.
The successful candidate will have a certificate or diploma in Business Administration plus have three to five years’ lending experience (or an equivalent combination of training and experience in lending).
The successful candidate will also have:
- Demonstrated ability to proactively listen, identify sales opportunities, and solve problems
- Strong communication, negotiation and relationship building skills with the proven ability to exercise sound judgment, and discretion
- Knowledge of financial principles
- Experience working with various software
- Thorough knowledge of products and services
- Knowledge of relevant policies and regulatory requirements
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
Applications will be accepted until Tuesday, July 10, 2018.
Interested candidates should forward their resume and cover letter in confidence to:
When sending resumes by e-mail, please submit in MS Word or PDF format.
Please note that all offers of employment are conditional upon the acceptance of an Individual Fidelity Bond Application which includes a criminal check and a credit check.
We wish to thank applicants in advance; only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.