Financial Services Officer – Provincial Government Employees Credit Union
Provincial Government Employees Credit Union is the exclusive Financial Institution for Provincial Civil Servants and their dependents. Serving over 3000 Nova Scotia Provincial Employees with $40 million in assets, our commitments to our values means that we do more than provide great banking services; we build honesty, trust, fairness and concern for our community in everything we do.
As a Financial Services Officer, you will be responsible for examining, evaluating and authorizing or recommending approval of borrower’s applications for lines of credit, consumer loans, mortgage loans and credit cards. You will also be responsible for investments available through the credit union including GIC’s, RESP’s, RRSP’s, RRIF’s and TFSA’s. Your role involves the provision of financial services including credit adjudication, personal financial management advice, referral services and opportunity identification for additional credit union products and services.
- Working in the members’ best interests to provide wise financial advice and to prepare and analyze personal and financial data to determine lending and/or investment needs.
- Identifying and acting on opportunities to educate the member on the benefits of utilizing other Credit Union products and services.
- The effective management of delinquency according to industry best practices.
- Participation in all operational activities to assist the branch in meeting identified goals and objectives.
- Identify referral opportunities for wealth management, insurance products, etc.
- Providing support to members using all member touch-points such as email, in-person, and telephone. Expert knowledge of online channels such as mobile and online banking and other emerging technologies will be required.
As the ideal candidate for this position, you hold a bachelor’s degree or diploma with an emphasis in Business Administration and you have 3-5 years experience in a financial role. An equivalent combination of training and experience may also be considered. Credit Unions are
co-operative financial institutions. Employees are team players who work exceptionally well with internal and external stakeholders and partner organizations to support the vision and mission of Provincial Government Employment Employees Credit Union. As the ideal candidate, you also have:
- Strong written and oral communication skills and you are a team player.
- Proven sound lending judgment and sales skills.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office Applications and an aptitude for adapting to new technologies.
- Proven time management skills with the ability to thrive in a fast-paced, busy work environment.
- Previous Credit Union experience, knowledge of the Horizon or LOS system, and mortgage administration are all considered assets.
Closing date for this opportunity is August 20, 2019.
This is a full time position with benefits in conjunction with the Nova Scotia Provincial Government. Please email salary expectations, resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org