Financial Services Officer, Tignish Credit Union, Alberton Branch, PEI
Tignish Credit Union is a progressive, full-service co-operative financial institution with more than 9,000 members and over $184 million in assets. We are committed to providing high quality financial solutions to enhance the economic and social well-being of our members and the community in which we serve. Tignish Credit Union is currently accepting applications for the position of Financial Services Officer. The position is based in our Alberton branch however all staff must be open to travel and /or re-assignment as required by changing business conditions within the organization.
The Financial Services Officer will be responsible to recognize and attend to members’ lending and deposit needs while providing an exceptional, customized member first experience.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Having meaningful conversations with members to understand their needs and present solutions
- Providing financial counseling to assist our members achieve their financial goals
- Negotiating mortgage/loan structure with applicant. Eg. rate, term, repayment options
- Assist our members with their borrowing, day to day banking, and investment needs
- Conducts personal account openings and investments (TFSA, HISA, RRSP, etc.) for new and existing members promoting Credit Union products and services that would fit their needs
- Keeping up-to-date with lending procedures, policies, processes and regulatory environment
- Providing support to the day to day operations of our branches
- Participating in community events
The ideal candidate for this position holds a certificate or diploma in Business Administration and three to five years experience in credit and collections in a financial institution or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
The successful candidate understands the importance of providing exceptional member service and have proven needs based selling experience. They have demonstrated knowledge of financial principles and compliance with sound business credit judgment and practices with emphasis on following established internal policies, limits, guidelines and procedures and are an effective, active listener. They have proven strong communication and negotiating skills and the demonstrated ability to exercise sound judgment, and discretion
This is a full-time employment opportunity offering competitive compensation, commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Anyone interested in the position should forward their resume in confidence by Friday, March 2, 2018, including all relevant qualifications to the attention of:
Tignish Credit Union
*Attachments should be in Word or PDF format.
Tignish Credit Union wishes to thank all applicants for their interest, however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.