Financial Services Rep (Teller), Permanent Part-time, Fall River Branch, East Coast Credit Union
East Coast Credit Union is currently accepting applications for two Permanent Part-time, Financial Services Representatives located in the Fall River Branch. These positions are a minimum of 18.75 hours per week, to cover a variable schedule, Monday to Saturday inclusive. These positions will report directly to the Branch Manager and requires the incumbent to be flexible to work as required. You will support this position by providing high quality financial services to the members.
East Coast Credit Union Ltd. is a full service financial institution which has operated as a viable financial choice for its members since 1936. We have assets of approx. $378,000,000, a membership of over 26,000 and 17 Branches in Nova Scotia. As a Credit Union we are committed to community support and involvement.
These positions provide a full range of services to our members including responding to member inquiries, analysing needs and assisting members to utilize the product or service which best meets those needs; cross sells credit union products; processes member transactions; processes member requests for account updates and closures; assists with routine correspondence; makes judgement decisions regarding the delivery of financial services to members.
The Financial Services Representative will be responsible for:
- Soliciting potential new members in person or by phone
- Proactively assesses members’ needs to identify and provide financial solutions
- Through understanding your members’ needs, provide information and solutions to meet sales and member service targets
- Processing and balancing daily work in an efficient and accurate manner
- Completing various assigned administrative tasks
- Being knowledgeable in all products and services of the credit union
The successful candidate will have a minimum of high school education, and completed or are enrolled in a post-secondary program or have up to one year’s related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Key Skills and Competencies:
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Demonstrated accuracy and attention to detail
- Experience with Microsoft Office
- Experience working with cash, previous sales, service or customer service experience preferably in the financial industry
- The successful candidate must exhibit ECCU values of Teamwork and Co-operation, Adaptability to Change, Customer Service Orientation and Results Orientation, Listening, Understanding and Responding, Results Orientation and Strategic Orientation
The hourly rate for the part time position is $14.34 – $16.87 and benefits are available for this position.
Applications will be accepted until Friday, June 12, 2015 or until positions are filled.
Interested candidates should forward their resume and cover letter in confidence to:
Tara Smith, Human Resources Officer
155 Ochterloney Street
Dartmouth, NS B2Y 1C9
When sending resumes by e-mail, please indicate the position and branch you are applying for and submit your cover letter and resume as one Word document using the following format eg. John Doe cover letter and resume.doc
Please note that preference will be given to candidates who most closely meet the knowledge, skills and competencies outlined above. We wish to thank applicants in advance and only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.