Financial Services Representative – Baddeck Branch
East Coast Credit Union is currently accepting applications for a full-time Financial Services Representative located in the Baddeck Branch of East Coast Credit Union. This position will report directly to the Branch Manager. You will support this position by providing high quality financial services to the members.
East Coast Credit Union is a full service financial institution which has operated as a viable financial choice for its members since 1936. We have assets of approximately $380 Million, a membership of over 27,000, and 17 Branches in Nova Scotia. As a credit union, we are committed to community support and involvement.
This position provides a full range of services to our members including responding to member inquiries, analyzing needs and assisting members to utilize the product or service which best meets those needs; cross sells credit union products; processes member transactions; processes member requests for account updates and closures; assists with routine correspondence; and makes judgement decisions regarding the delivery of financial services to members.
The Financial Services Representative will be responsible for:
- Soliciting potential new members in person or by phone
- Proactively assessing members’ needs to identify and provide financial solutions
- Through understanding your members’ needs, providing information and solutions to meet sales and member service targets
- Processing and balancing daily work in an efficient and accurate manner
- Completing various assigned administrative tasks
- Being knowledgeable in all products and services of the credit union
The successful candidate will have a minimum of high school education, and completed or are enrolled in a post-secondary program or have up to one year’s related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Key Skills and Competencies
The successful candidate will possess:
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Demonstrated accuracy and attention to detail
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suites
- Experience working with cash, previous sales, service or customer service experience preferably in the financial industry
- The successful candidate must exhibit East Coast Credit Union values of Teamwork and Co-operation; Adaptability to Change; Customer Service Orientation and Results Orientation; Listening, Understanding and Responding; Results Orientation and Strategic Orientation.
The hourly rate for this position is $13.66 – $16.07.
Applications close on Thursday, April 30, 2015.
Interested candidates should forward their résumé and cover letter in confidence to:
Tara Smith, Human Resources Officer
East Coast Credit Union
155 Ochterloney Street
Dartmouth, NS B2Y 1C9
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org (When sending résumés by e-mail, please indicate the position you are applying for and submit cover letter and résumé as one MS Word document using the following format e.g. John Doe résumé.doc)
Fax: (902) 469-6546
Please note that preference will be given to candidates who most closely meet the knowledge, skills and competencies outlined above. We wish to thank all applicants in advance and advise that only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.