Financial Services Representative (Casual), East Coast Credit Union, Sackville
East Coast Credit Union is currently accepting applications for a Casual Financial Services Representative located in the Sackville Branch. The incumbent will report directly to the Branch Manager. The position requires the incumbent to be flexible to work any day of the week from Monday to Saturday and to work in various branch locations as required. You will support this position by providing high quality financial services to the members.
East Coast Credit Union is a dynamic, full service, financial co-operative using a focused approach to partner with individual and business members to achieve financial success. East Coast Credit Union has $650 million in assets and serves more than 41,000 members from 20 branch locations from Cape Breton to Halifax. Providing convenient banking options means their members can do their banking any way, anywhere and anytime they choose! East Coast Credit Union is locally owned and operated. Deeply committed to the communities they live and work in East Coast Credit Union provides not only financial support to local organizations and events but also countless staff volunteer hours every year. They believe in the value of People Helping People and encourage banking local and buying local.
This position provides a full range of services to our members including responding to member inquiries, analysing needs and assisting members to utilize the product or service which best meets those needs; cross sells credit union products; processes member transactions; processes member requests for account updates and closures; assists with routine correspondence; makes judgement decisions regarding the delivery of financial services to members.
The Financial Services Representative will be mainly responsible for:
- Providing exceptional member service to current and prospective Credit Union members
- Soliciting potential new members in person or by phone
- Proactively assessing members’ needs to identify and provide financial solutions
- Assisting in the promotion of new products and services and referring members to other departments
- Processing and balancing daily work in an efficient and accurate manner
- Demonstrating a team approach and providing support to the Front Line team
- Completing various assigned administrative tasks
- Being knowledgeable in all products and services of the credit union
The successful candidate will have a minimum of high school education, and completed or are enrolled in a post-secondary program or have up to one year’s related experience and/or training: or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Key Skills and Competencies:
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Demonstrated accuracy and attention to detail
- Experience with Microsoft Office
- Experience working with cash, previous sales, service or customer service experience preferably in the financial industry
- The successful candidate must exhibit ECCU values of Teamwork and Co-operation, Adaptability to Change, Customer Service Orientation and Results Orientation, Listening, Understanding and Responding, Results Orientation and Strategic Orientation
East Coast Credit Union offers an outstanding culture and work environment together with a competitive compensation package.
Applications will be accepted until Friday, June 17, 2016.
Interested candidates should forward their resume and cover letter in confidence to:
Amy Johnson, Human Resources Officer
155 Ochterloney Street
Dartmouth, NS B2Y 1C9
Note: When sending resumes by e-mail, please submit in MS Word or PDF format.
Please note that preference will be given to candidates who most closely meet the knowledge, skills and competencies outlined above. We wish to thank applicants in advance and only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.