Financial Services Representative (Full-Time), Provincial Government Employees
Provincial Government Employees Credit Union, located at 1718 Argyle St, Halifax, NS is currently accepting applications for a Full-Time Financial Services Representative.
Reporting to the Operations Manager, the Financial Services Representative will be responsible for providing counter and telephone/email service to current and prospective member-owners; processing financial transactions including daily balancing of cash and transactions; cross-selling credit union products and services and assisting them to utilize these products and services.
Preference will be given to those with a Business Admin Diploma, with up to one year’s related experience, plus proficiency with CRU and ATM.
Main responsibilities and focus:
- Provides account services to member-owners by receiving and processing financial transactions including opening and closing of accounts; cashing cheques; deposits and withdrawals; transfers between accounts; utility payments; stop payments orders; holds on accounts; wire transfers, calculating foreign and domestic exchange, certifying cheques, processing loan payments, processing cheque orders, issuing money orders, drafts and other negotiable instruments. Balances cash drawer and daily transactions. Investigates and resolves out-of-balance conditions. Balances ATM.
- Answers questions regarding the operation of accounts, access to services, account discrepancies, adding or reducing service features on various accounts, and assisting member-owners to make the most effective usage of service offerings.
- Resolves member-owner problems and complaints; takes action to reconcile discrepancies in records and accounts within assigned limits, or referring the member-owner to another employee as appropriate.
- Proactively cross sells on the benefits of utilizing other credit union services by answering inquiries; actively informing current and potential member-owners on basic credit union products and new services and products; ascertaining needs and referring more complex requests for information and assistance to appropriate branch staff.
- Performs a variety of general office tasks including, filing, checking reports, and other general office administration.
- Assists and backs-up other team members and completes other duties as assigned.
The successful candidate will also demonstrate strong competencies in:
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Knowledge of products and services
- Demonstrated accuracy and attention to details
- Sales oriented with a demonstrated ability to proactively listen, identify sales opportunities, and solve problems
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suites
This is a full-time position and salary to be commensurate with experience. Provincial Government Employees Credit Union offers a competitive benefits package. All applicants must be bondable.
Applications close on Wednesday August 15, 2017.
Please email resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org
When sending resumes by e-mail, please submit in MS Word or PDF format.
Please note that preference will be given to candidates who most closely meet the knowledge, skills and competencies outlined above. We want to thank applicants in advance and only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.