Financial Services Representative, Permanent Part-Time or Full-Time
Provincial Government Employees Credit Union, located at 1724 Granville St, Halifax, NS is currently accepting applications for a Permanent Part-time or Permanent Full-time Financial Services Representative.
Reporting to the Office Manager, the Financial Services Representative will be responsible for providing counter and telephone service to current and prospective member-owners; processing financial transactions including daily balancing of cash and transactions; cross-selling credit union products and services and assisting them to utilize these products and services.
Main responsibilities and focus
Provides account services to customer-owners by receiving and processing financial transactions including opening and closing of accounts; cashing cheques; deposits and withdrawals; transfers between accounts; utility payments; stop payments orders; holds on accounts; wire transfers, calculating foreign and domestic exchange, certifying cheques, processing loan payments, processing cheque orders, issuing travelers cheques, money orders, drafts and other negotiable instruments. Balances cash drawer and daily transactions. Investigates and resolves out-of-balance conditions.
- Answers questions regarding the operation of accounts, access to services, account discrepancies, adding or reducing service features on various accounts, and assisting customer-owners to make the most effective usage of service offerings.
- Resolves customer-owner problems and complaints; takes action to reconcile discrepancies in records and accounts within assigned limits, or referring the customer-owner to another employee as appropriate.
- Proactively cross sells on the benefits of utilizing other credit union services by answering inquiries; actively informing current and potential customer-owners on basic credit union products and new services and products; ascertaining customer-owner needs and referring more complex requests for information and assistance to appropriate branch staff.
- Performs a variety of general office tasks including, filing answering the telephone and emails, checking reports, and other general office administration.
- Assists and backs-up other team members and completes other duties as assigned.
The successful candidate will also demonstrate strong competencies in:
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Demonstrated accuracy and attention to details
- Sales oriented with a demonstrated ability to proactively listen, identify sales opportunities, and solve problems
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suites
This is a full-time position and salary to be commensurate with experience. Provincial Government Employees Credit Union offers a competitive benefits package. All applicants must be bondable.
Applications close on Monday August 14, 2017. Please indicate your preference for Permanent Part-time or Permanent Full-time.
Please email resumes to: email@example.com When sending resumes by e-mail, please submit in MS Word or PDF format.
Please note that preference will be given to candidates who most closely meet the knowledge, skills and competencies outlined above. We want to thank applicants in advance and only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.