Financial Services Representative (Teller)
East Coast Credit Union is currently accepting applications for the Full Time Financial Services Representative position located in the Sackville Branch of East Coast Credit Union. The position will report directly to the Branch Manager and requires the incumbent to be flexible to work in various branch locations as required. You will support this position by providing high quality financial services to the members.
This position provides a full range of services to our members including responding to member inquiries, analysing needs and assisting members to utilize the product or service which best meets those needs; cross sells credit union products; processes member transactions; processes member requests for account updates and closures; assists with routine correspondence; makes judgement decisions regarding the delivery of financial services to members.
East Coast Credit Union Ltd. is a full service financial institution which has operated as a viable financial choice for its members since 1936. We have assets of approx. $365,000,000, a membership of over 27,000 and 19 Branches in Nova Scotia. As a Credit Union we are committed to community support and involvement.
The Financial Services Representative will be responsible for:
- Soliciting potential new members in person or by phone
- Identifying member’s financial needs and matching to the appropriate product
- Selling term deposits, RRSPs, RRIFs and responding to member inquiries
- Processing and balancing daily work in an efficient and accurate manner
- Completing various assigned administrative tasks
- Being knowledgeable in all products and services of the credit union
- Other duties as assigned
The successful candidates will have a minimum of high school education and the incumbent will also have:
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong communication skills
- Demonstrated accuracy and attention to detail
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suites
- Experience working with cash and in a customer service environment would be an asset
Key Skills and Competencies:
- Adaptability to Change
- Customer Service Orientation
- Listening, Understanding and Responding
- Results Orientation
- Teamwork and Co-operation
- Strategic Orientation
The salary range for the full time FSR position is $25,262.12 – $29,725.80, and East Coast Credit Union offers a competitive benefits package.
Application close is Tuesday, September 17, 2013
Interested candidates should forward their resume and cover letter in confidence to:
Sylvana Moro, Senior Manager of Human Resources
155 Ochterloney Street
Dartmouth, NS B2Y 1C9
E-mail: email@example.com (When sending resumes by e-mail, please submit in MS Word format)
Please note that preference will be given to candidates who most closely meet the knowledge, skills and competencies outlined above. We wish to thank applicants in advance and only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.