Financial Services Representative
East Coast Credit Union is seeking a Full-time Financial Services Representative to join our team! This position is located in our Dartmouth Branch and is well suited for an individual with exceptional customer service experience seeking an opportunity in a progressive and innovative organization.
East Coast Credit Union is a full-service financial cooperative organization that is deeply committed to the communities in which we live and work. With 18 locations from Halifax to Cape Breton and a virtual presence, we offer refreshingly honest banking and take pride in providing an exceptional member experience.
Reporting to the Assistant Manager, you will be responsible for providing counter and telephone service to current and prospective members; processing financial transactions including daily balancing of cash and transactions; assisting members with their financial needs and promoting credit union products and services.
- Provide exceptional customer service to current and prospective members.
- Pro-actively identify members’ financial needs; suggest appropriate product or service and refer members to other departments.
- Process various financial transactions and balance daily work in an efficient and accurate manner.
- Understand all products and services offered by East Coast Credit Union. These include but not limited to facts and features; benefits and advantages; rules and regulations and price structure.
- Assist in the promotion of new products and services to Credit Union members.
- Respond to member inquiries and resolve any concerns or discrepancies.
- Follow the Credit Union’s security and risk management procedures.
- Demonstrate a team approach and provide support to the Front-Line team.
- Complete other duties as assigned.
- Completed a certificate or diploma in Business plus have a minimum of one-year of sales and service experience, preferably in the financial industry; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Superior customer service and business development skills.
- Proven ability to achieve and exceed business/sales objectives.
- An outgoing and self-motivated nature with strong work ethics.
- Demonstrated critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Proven history of accuracy and high attention to details (data entry, paperwork, cash balancing).
- Superior communication and time management skills.
- Outstanding culture and opportunity to join an engaged and community-focused team.
- Tuition reimbursement, training and personal development.
- Competitive compensation and benefits with performance-based incentives.
- Generous benefit package including Flexible Health and Dental Plan (paid 100% by employer) and up to 9% contribution with employer match in the Defined Contribution Pension Plan.
- Additional employee perks include but not limited to: wellness credit, fees waived on chequing account, reduced rates on employee loans/mortgages and paid volunteer time.
- Very competitive compensation: the hourly rate range starts at $19.65.
If this sounds like an opportunity for you, please email your resume and cover letter in Microsoft Word or pdf format to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications will be accepted until December 31, 2020
Please note that all offers of employment are conditional upon the acceptance of an Individual Fidelity Bond Application which includes a criminal check and a credit check.\
We wish to thank applicants in advance; only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.