Financial Services Representative
Teachers Plus Credit Union, Bedford, NS, is currently accepting applications for the position of Financial Services Representative (Maternity Leave) to provide high quality counter and telephone service to current and prospective members of the credit union.
Reporting to the V. P., Member Services, the Financial Services Representative will be responsible for:
- Processing and balancing various financial transactions, balancing cash drawer and daily transactions, investigating and resolving out of balance transactions;
- Providing superior member service support to allow members to make the most effective usage of service offerings;
- Cross selling products and services; analyzing member needs and assisting members to use the product or service that best meets their needs by outlining the benefits and alternatives;
- Resolving problems or discrepancies concerning member accounts within assigned limits;
- General office administration including filing, checking reports, balancing ATM, answering the telephone, etc.
- Assisting and backing-up other team members and completing other duties as assigned.
The successful candidate will have successfully completed a High School diploma or GED plus have up to one year’s related experience and/or training; or an equivalent combination of education and experience. The incumbent will also have:
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Proven ability to handle and balance cash
- Proven data entry skills
- Demonstrated proficiency in operating calculators, fax machines, photocopiers and related equipment generally found in a business office
- Demonstrated proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook)
The successful candidate will demonstrate strong competencies in:
- Adaptability to Change
- Customer Service Orientation
- Listening, Understanding and Responding
- Results Orientation
- Teamwork and Cooperation
- Strategic Orientation
This is a maternity leave position, with full time hours for the term. Teachers Plus Credit Union offers a competitive benefits and compensation package.
Interested candidates should forward their resume in MSWord format, via email, in confidence to email@example.com.
Applications close on Monday, September 30, 2013.
No telephone inquiries please.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.