Full-time Financial Services Officer, East Coast Credit Union, New Glasgow, NS
East Coast Credit Union is a dynamic, full service, financial co-operative using a focused approach to partner with individual and business members to achieve financial success. East Coast Credit Union has $650 million in assets and serves more than 41,000 members from 20 branch locations from Cape Breton to Halifax. Providing convenient banking options means their members can do their banking any way, anywhere and anytime they choose! East Coast Credit Union is locally owned and operated. Deeply committed to the communities we live and work in, East Coast Credit Union provides not only financial support to local organizations and events but also countless staff volunteer hours every year. They believe in the value of People Helping People and encourage banking local and buying local.
East Coast Credit Union is currently accepting applications for the full-time position of Financial Services Officer (FSO), located in the New Glasgow Branch. Reporting to the Branch Manager, the Financial Services Officer will be responsible for the member needs in both lending and deposit products. Through business development and delivery of exceptional member experience, you will promote and sell a full range of products and services including but not limited to loans, mortgages, lines of credit, card products, registered and non-registered investments.
The Financial Services Officer will be mainly responsible for:
- Meeting with members; providing sound financial advice; opening and closing accounts while delivering exceptional member service.
- Analyzing applicant financial status, credit, and property evaluation to determine feasibility of granting loan.
- Compiling loan package and negotiating loan structure with applicant, including rates, terms repayment options, and other credit terms.
- Analyzing potential opportunities involved in each situation to further assist the member as well as increasing the Credit Union’s lending/deposit portfolio and use of products.
- Proactively contacting members on a regular basis; updating KYM and working independently to manage member relationships.
- Providing individual financial counseling and information to members on loan services and deposit products available through the credit union. Making referrals for those requiring financial planning advice.
- Preparing documentation for loan renewals, loan payment extensions and substitution of loan securities. Approving releases of security for paid out loans and mortgages.
- Keeping up-to-date with the lending procedures, policies, processes and regulatory environment.
- Actively participate in coaching sessions, meetings, and training requirements.
- Completing other duties as assigned.
The successful candidate will have a certificate or diploma in Business Administration plus have three to five years’ lending experience (or an equivalent combination of training and experience in lending). She/he will also demonstrate:
- Sales oriented with a demonstrated ability to proactively listen, identify sales opportunities, and solve problems
- Strong communication, negotiation and relationship building skills with the proven ability to exercise sound judgment, and discretion
- Knowledge of financial principles
- Experience working with various software
- Thorough knowledge of products and services
- Knowledge of relevant policies and regulatory requirements
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
Key Skills and Competencies:
- Adaptability to Change
- Customer Service Orientation
- Listening, Understanding and Responding
- Results Orientation
- Teamwork and Co-operation
- Strategic Orientation
- Displays the competencies required to build the foundation with the 4 P’s when working with members – Proficient, Professional, Proactive and Patient
East Coast Credit Union offers an outstanding culture and work environment together with a competitive compensation package.
Applications will be accepted until June 9, 2017
Interested candidates should contact Human Resources:Amy Johnson, Human Resources Officer 155 Ochterloney Street Dartmouth, NS B2Y 1C9