Full-Time Financial Services Representative, Provincial Government Employees Credit Union, Halifax, NS
Provincial Government Employees Credit Union, located at 1724 Granville Street, Halifax, NS, is currently accepting applications for a Full-Time Financial Services Representative.
Reporting to the Operations Manager, the Financial Services Representative will be responsible for providing a full range of services to our members including responding to member inquiries, analyzing needs and assisting members to utilize the product or service which best meets those needs; cross sells credit union products, processes member transactions and requests, assists with routine correspondence, makes judgement decisions regarding the delivery of financial services to members.
- Provides account services to members by receiving and processing financial transactions including opening and closing of accounts; cashing cheques; deposits and withdrawals; transfers between accounts; utility payments; stop payments orders; holds on accounts; wire transfers, calculating foreign and domestic exchange, certifying cheques, processing loan payments, processing cheque orders, issuing money orders, drafts and other negotiable instruments. Balances cash drawer and daily transactions. Investigates and resolves out-of-balance conditions.
- Answers questions regarding the operation of accounts, access to services, account discrepancies, adding or reducing service features on various accounts, and assisting members to make the most effective usage of service offerings.
- Resolves members problems and complaints; takes action to reconcile discrepancies in records and accounts within assigned limits, or referring the customer-owner to another employee as appropriate.
- Proactively cross sells on the benefits of utilizing other credit union services by answering inquiries; actively informing current and potential members on basic credit union products and new services and products; ascertaining member needs and referring more complex requests for information and assistance to appropriate branch staff.
- Performs a variety of general office tasks including, filing answering the telephone and emails, checking reports, and other general office administration.
- Assists and backs-up other team members and completes other duties as assigned.
The successful candidate will also demonstrate strong competencies in:
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated proficiency in handling and balancing cash in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Demonstrated accuracy and attention to details
- Teamwork and Cooperation
- Adaptability to change
- Sales oriented with a demonstrated ability to proactively listen, identify sales opportunities, and solve problems
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suites (Word, Excel)
The successful candidate will have a minimum of high school education, and completed or are enrolled in a post-secondary program or have up to one year’s related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Obtaining an up to date clearance letter from the Police/RCMP, credit check and eligibility to be bonded are conditions of employment.
This is a full-time position and salary to be commensurate with experience. Provincial Government Employees Credit Union offers a competitive benefits package.
Applications close on Wednesday, January 10, 2018.
Please email resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org
When sending resumes by e-mail, please submit in MS Word or PDF format.
Please note that preference will be given to candidates who most closely meet the knowledge, skills and competencies outlined above. We want to thank applicants in advance and only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.