Full-time Manager of Administration, East Coast Credit Union
East Coast Credit Union is a dynamic, full service, financial co-operative using a focused approach to partner with individual and business members to achieve financial success. East Coast Credit Union has $650 million in assets and serves more than 41,000 members from 20 branch locations from Cape Breton to Halifax. Providing convenient banking options means their members can do their banking any way, anywhere and anytime they choose! East Coast Credit Union is locally owned and operated. Deeply committed to the communities we live and work in, East Coast Credit Union provides not only financial
support to local organizations and events but also countless staff volunteer hours every year. They believe in the value of People Helping People and encourage banking local and buying local.
East Coast Credit Union is currently accepting applications for the full time position of Senior Manager of Administration, which can be located in any of the three support offices of East Coast Credit Union – Dartmouth, Antigonish or Port Hawkesbury. This position will report directly to the Vice President, Risk and requires the incumbent to be flexible to travel to various East Coast Credit Union locations across the province. This position is accountable for the support and guidance of the administration department, assessment and verification for deposits and lending services while ensuring compliance with legislative requirements.
As the leader of your Administration team, your main focus will be to:
- Manage the deposit and loan administration function for personal and commercial in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Provide direction, guidance and regular coaching to direct reports to reinforce positive behaviours.
- Assign, monitor and supervise the workload to ensure the smooth and efficient flow of work.
- Ensure direct reports provide superior internal and external member service and follow internal standards as developed by the Credit Union.
- Create efficient and effective processes to streamline the administrative functions while ensuring compliance, security and legislative requirements are met.
- Play an active role in implementing change management initiatives; collaborate with other departments; and advocate the strategic objectives of the Credit Union.
- Provide input into the Credit Union`s strategic plan; develop and implement the departmental plan and objectives.
- Develop and manage operating budget.
The Senior Manager of Administration will have successfully completed a Bachelor’s Degree with an emphasis in Business or Commerce plus have a six to nine years relevant experience, including three to five years supervisory experience, in a financial institution, or an equivalent combination of training and experience in a lending environment.
The incumbent will have strong leadership skills and ability to coach, delegate and foster a team environment. Experience working in a unionized environment is considered an asset.
The successful candidate will also have:
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills along with the proven ability to exercise sound judgment, tact and discretion.
- Proven ability to lead and manage others through influence and collaboration.
- Successful track record in implementing change management initiatives.
- Ability to analyze processes to identify efficiencies within the legislative guidelines and policies.
- Demonstrated ability to interpret key financial information and business metrics.
- Exceptional analytical and problem solving skills.
- Proficiency in the use of technology.
This is a full time position and salary will commensurate with experience. East Coast Credit Union offers an outstanding culture and work environment together with a competitive benefits and compensation package.
Application deadline is Monday, October 31, 2016.
If you are interested in pursuing this exciting opportunity, please submit your cover letter and resume in confidence to:
Amy Johnson, Human Resources Officer
155 Ochterloney Street
Dartmouth, NS B2Y 1C9
When sending resumes by e-mail, please submit in MS Word or PDF format.
Please note that preference will be given to candidates who most closely meet the knowledge, skills and competencies outlined above. We wish to thank applicants in advance and only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.