General Manager, Tignish Credit Union
Tignish Credit Union is a member owned full-service financial institution with assets of $146 million providing banking, wealth management and commercial services to approximately 7500 members from 2 branches and a Commercial Lending Center in Tignish and Alberton, Prince Edward Island. Firmly rooted in its community, and always driven by its co-operative values, Tignish Credit Union prides itself on understanding what is important to its members and making a difference in the communities within which it operates.
The Board of Directors of the Credit Union is seeking a proven and dynamic leader to take on the role of General Manager to guide the organization into the future while generating momentum for and driving change focused on effective growth. Accountable to the Board of Directors, the GM is responsible for the development and progress of the credit union, its financial stability, viability, and responsiveness to its members. The General Manager also supports and advises the Board in fulfilling its fiduciary and strategic responsibilities.
The ideal candidate is a proven leader who has:
- Vision, understanding and commitment to change while inspiring, reinforcing and supporting a culture that is committed to and reflects the credit union system’s cooperative and community values;
- Management skills focused on effective business development and growth ensuring the successful execution of the credit union’s vision and strategic plan;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and the ability to proficiently engage a broad range of audiences;
- The interpersonal, team building, and leadership skills necessary to energize, engage and empower people by drawing on their strengths;
- Ability to analyze and interpret financial reports and make sound recommendations on required directions as well as experience in and strong knowledge of liquidity management and asset/liability management concepts;
- Experience establishing effective working relationships and networks with a variety of key stakeholders to strengthen the credit union’s ability to provide excellent services and enhance its image in the broader community;
- Solid understanding of the farming and fishing industries.
As the ideal candidate for this position, you also hold a bachelor’s degree in Business or Commerce and have a minimum of 10 – 15 years senior management experience in a financial institution or equivalent.
If you are an inspiring leader who believes an engaged team brings solid results, and understands the value in drawing on the wisdom and capacity of your employees, board members, and community to grow your organization – you have the qualities we need! If this sounds like you and you are excited by the opportunity, please apply by sending a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by October 5, 2016.
Tignish Credit Union offers a competitive compensation and benefits package. To learn more about Tignish Credit Union visit www.tignishcreditu.com. Please direct all position inquiries to email@example.com.