Acadian Credit Union, a progressive member-owned financial institution, established in 1935. We provide banking, wealth management, and other financial services to our 3,000 members, and are committed to improving the financial well-being of our members and our Acadian communities of Cheticamp, LeMoyne and surrounding area. Acadian Credit Union has $40 million in assets and another $10 million in funds under administration.
A strong and growing local financial co-operative, Acadian Credit Union is seeking a new General Manager to lead the credit union into the future upon the retirement of our long-time GM. We offer a stimulating and rewarding work environment that values competence, performance, and exceptional customer service.
Accountable to the Board of Directors, the GM is responsible for the development and progress of the credit union, its financial stability, viability, and responsiveness to its members. The GM also supports and advises the Board in fulfilling its fiduciary and strategic responsibilities.
The Credit Union Board is looking for a highly motivated, strategic leader with the following competencies:
- The ability to understand, reinforce, adjust, and support a culture that reflects the credit union’s values;
- Proven experience in building an effective working relationship with a Board of Directors and the ability to communicate a shared vision;
- Experience in, and the ability to lead a broad range of financial business lines, including commercial, and to manage competing interests, priorities, and trade-offs to optimize the needs of the business;
- Effective communication skills in both writing and oral presentations, and skills in communicating with a broad range of audiences in both official languages;
- Effective management skills to provide strong proven leadership and ensure continued high staff productivity and achievement of business goals;
- Strong ability to interpret financial reports, identify risks and make sound financial recommendations;
- High degree of skill in team building and fostering relationships and partnerships, enhancing our role and profile in the credit union system and the community.
The ideal candidate will be bilingual; have a bachelor’s degree in business and a minimum of 5 – 10 years experience in a senior management position in a financial institution, or equivalent.
Acadian Credit Union offers a very competitive benefit package and a salary commensurate with experience. To explore this opportunity, please send your résumé (MS Word format), in confidence, stating qualifications and salary expectations to:
Jobs@AtlanticCentral.ca or to:
HR Department Ref: ACU
PO Box 9200, 6074 Lady Hammond Road
Halifax NS B3K 5N3
Closing date for applications is September 30, 2013
Visit our site at: http://www.acadiancreditu.ca ; Related site of interest: www.cheticamp.ca