Head Teller Position – Fredericton – OMISTA Credit Union
OMISTA Credit Union is a B-Corp Certified, full-service co-operative financial institution with 4 branches, approximately $240 million in assets, and more than 10,000 members. We are committed to providing high quality financial solutions to enhance the economic well-being of our members and the communities in which we serve.
The Head Teller Position:
We are actively seeking a dynamic individual to join our team as a Head Teller. The position is located in Fredericton, NB. Reporting to the Branch Manager, the Head Teller will motivate and develop Customer Service Representatives. Organize, schedule and monitor activities to promote the efficient servicing of member needs; Monitor and maintain adequate branch cash supplies and ensure staff adherence to security procedures: within established limits, provide overrides and maintain department signing authority; balance and rectify variances; reviews daily reports to monitor audit trails; cross-sell all credit union products; solicit new members; foster business development through service excellence and product knowledge.
- Verify and send out cheques before the end of the day
- Coordinate cash counts and ensure that they are completed monthly
- Lead monthly CSR meetings
- Track CSR outages and ensure errors are corrected
- Ensure that wires are being checked and posted to customer accounts
- AML reporting, ie. wires (incoming and outgoing), large cash transactions, etc.
- Assist CSRs with more complicated transactions
- Assign and assist with closing responsibilities
- Ensure that bonding limits are being adhered to by regularly monitoring treasury activity, ie: cash ordering and shipping
- Diploma/degree in Business Administration/Commerce and/or job related experience
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- Strong organization skills and attention to detail
- Creative and resourceful
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Success in meeting and/or exceeding objectives
Working with OMISTA Credit Union:
This is a full-time position with competitive compensation and a generous benefits package. OMISTA Credit Union will provide you with opportunities to develop, to take on new challenges, and help you to reach your potential at work.
Reference: Head Teller – Frdrctn
Deadline: April 12, 2019
As a standard component of the OMISTA recruitment and selection process, interview applicants may be required to complete a behavioural profiling assessment.
We appreciate your interest in OMISTA! Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.