Community Credit Union of Cumberland Colchester Ltd. is seeking a Head Teller to join our high-performing team! This is a permanent position located in our Amherst Branch and is well suited for an individual with exceptional customer service experience skills, proven leadership skills and a strong technical aptitude, seeking an opportunity in a progressive and innovative organization.
Community Credit Union is a full-service financial cooperative organization that is deeply committed to the communities in which we live and work. With three locations in the Cumberland and Colchester Region and a virtual presence, we offer refreshingly honest banking and take pride in providing an exceptional Member experience.
Reporting to the Branch Manager, you will be responsible for providing counter service; processing financial transactions including daily balancing of cash and transactions; presenting and explaining Credit Union products and services; cross-selling Credit Union products and services; assisting Members in utilizing these products and services. The Head Teller acts as work leader to the front-line team, ensuring that the work is performed in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Provide exceptional customer service to current and prospective Members.
- Pro-actively identify Members’ financial needs; suggest appropriate products or services and refer Members to other departments as appropriate.
- Process various financial transactions and balance daily work in an efficient and accurate manner.
- Understand all products and services offered by Community Credit Union. These include but are not limited to facts and features; benefits and advantages; rules and regulations and price structure.
- Assist in the promotion of new products and services to Credit Union Members.
- Respond to Member inquiries and resolve any concerns or discrepancies.
- Follow the Credit Union’s security and risk management procedures.
- Demonstrate a team approach as the worker leader of the front-line team. Provide training and guidance on front-line practices and procedures, regulatory compliance, and the Credit Union philosophy. Provide assistance in processing transactions and resolving problems. In consultation with management, ensure front-line team is properly scheduled for optimum counter service.
- Monitors balancing of front-line cash, and branch cash to general ledger daily, and tracks outages, preparing monthly summaries of such. Determines cash, securities, negotiable instruments, and stationary needs of the branch. Performs regular cash counts in accordance with operating procedures and timelines and documented in accordance with Policy & Procedures.
- Open Member non-registered deposit accounts; chequing and savings accounts, USD accounts and non- profit accounts.
- Complete other duties as assigned.
- Completed a high school diploma or GED plus have one to three years financial services experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Superior customer service and business development skills.
- Proven ability to achieve and exceed business / sales objectives.
- An outgoing and self-motivated nature with strong work ethics.
- Demonstrated critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Proven history of accuracy and high attention to details (data entry, paperwork, cash balancing).
- Superior communication and time management skills.
- Demonstrated supervisory and leadership skills.
How to apply…
If this sounds like an opportunity for you, please forward your resume and cover letter to the attention of Sarah Doyle firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that all offers of employment are conditional upon the acceptance of an Individual Fidelity Bond Application which includes a criminal check and a credit check.
We wish to thank applicants in advance; only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.