HRIS Analyst – Atlantic Central
WHO WE ARE:
Atlantic Central is the trade association for credit unions in Atlantic Canada. We are passionate people committed to top notch customer service, partnering with credit unions across the Atlantic provinces to enable the Atlantic credit union system and the communities they serve to thrive.
To that end, we are working with a dynamic group of credit unions from across Atlantic Canada who are building a human resource shared service model focused on creating an exceptional employee experience. This streamlined, efficient and data enabled approach to human resources will generate capacity for credit union managers to focus on big-picture issues and service strategies that make a difference for our members.
We are looking for a HRIS Analyst to join us at the ground level of this innovative and collaborative initiative. We’ve implemented a Risk Management & Compliance shared service and are now ready to start building the Human Resource arm. This is an exciting time for credit unions in Atlantic Canada, we strive to empower and support the growth of our employees in our team environment and we want YOU to join our team!
WHAT WE DO:
We provide a range of services, leadership and advocacy at the provincial, regional and national levels. Collectively, the 45 credit unions we support are entrusted to manage $6 billion in assets on behalf of 300,000+ members. League Savings and Mortgage Company is a subsidiary of Atlantic Central and has been a trusted credit union partner for over 50 years.
In the role of HRIS Analyst, you’ll report to the Manager, Rewards Administration & HR Systems and serve as the primary point of contact for employees and managers by leveraging on the existing system technological solutions to resolve issues related to the management and maintenance of the HRIS system, processing of HR transactions related to the employee life cycle, and producing HR reports to support HR efforts. The incumbent is also responsible for HR administrative matters and provide a variety of HR Administrative support to customer organizations, the Atlantic Service Centre (ASC), and the HR Advisory Services and the Talent and Total Rewards teams.
The ideal candidate will not only share our passion for customer service excellence, but also be team focused, and able to balance structure and flexibility while creating this new shared services team.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
HRIS Database Management & Maintenance
- Serving as the subject matter expert in the structure and flow of data and processes within the HRIS system and supporting systems and services and services providers.
- Serving as the system administrator in the development, management and maintenance of the HRIS database.
- Implementing and maintaining absence functionality to support customer organizations’ leave of absence and time off policies. Calculating and maintaining employee leave entitlements.
- Keeping abreast of key developments in HR systems technology and functionality and interpreting how these changes impact or apply to the existing systems and processes. Providing research, analysis and recommendation on new modules or systems or when functional business processes are needed. Participating in the evaluation of potential system enhancements and upgrades and system conversions to meet changing business requirements.
HR Reporting and Analytics
- Producing, maintaining and supporting a variety HR reports, queries and analytics to provide information and insights and/or to answer business questions. Generating system-based ad-hoc reporting based on customer requests or to maintain data integrity. Building custom reports on request.
- Conducting data analysis on HR data as required.
- Developing, maintaining and providing reporting, including graphs, charts and statistics, dashboards on HR Shared Services metrics and trends on people. Preparing quantitative analysis for use in planning, business cases for change and/or to present data in an effective and compelling way.
HRIS Transaction Processing
- Preparing and processing and processing HRIS transactions and maintaining employee data related to new hires, employee changes, non-self-serve entries, leaves, terminations, flexible work arrangements, etc.
- Serving as the first point of contact for HRIS and/or HR administrative related inquiries including: receiving and responding to inquiries, concerns or requests from employees and managers related to HR policies, procedures and processes and/or routing to the appropriate HR Shared Services team members for resolution.
- Developing and delivering HRIS training to end users to enable a self-serve environment.
- Providing input into and/or developing and communicating information to employees and/or customer organizations on HRIS transaction matters.
Talent and Total Rewards Administration Support
- Preparing the paperwork and correspondence for new hires, terminations, leaves of absence, salary changes, etc. including: payroll paperwork and confirmation letters for new hires, promotions, demotions, job moves, job re-evaluation reclassifications, leaves of absence, voluntary and involuntary separations, retirements, etc.
- Providing administrative support throughout the recruitment and selection cycle for the talent acquisition and talent management functions.
- Provides administrative support to the total rewards function in the areas of salary administration and variable compensation programs.
- Establishing and maintaining personnel files for entire employee life cycle. Providing documentation to support legal and audit requests.
Department and Company Support
- Ensuring proper flow and maintenance of employee data in collaboration with the Payroll Specialist and the Benefits Specialist.
- Participating in the development and ongoing maintenance of processes and procedures to improve upon the overall effectiveness and efficiency of the Rewards Administration & HR Systems function. Developing and maintaining procedures for the HRIS Analyst job.
- Assisting and backing up other members of the HR Shared Services teams as required and completing other projects and duties as assigned.
This position offers the ability to telecommute.
TRAVEL AND EVENING AND WEEKEND WORK:
This position requires occasional travel throughout Atlantic Canada and occasional evening and weekend work.
To be successful in this role, you will not only be a master of detail, a whiz at analytics with a can do attitude but also be capable of working well with others to apply your data talents.
You will have a Bachelors’ Degree in Business plus a minimum of five years related experience in a high volume, customer-focused environment, including experience with HRIS systems; or have an equivalent combination of education and experience. An accredited certificate or diploma in Human Resources will be considered an asset. A hands-on ability to use Cognos BI will be considered an asset.
The successful candidate will also have the following skills and knowledge:
- Excellent oral and written communications skills to communicate issues and resolutions and to provide the appropriate level of support
- Excellent interpersonal skills to respond to inquiries and issues
- Proven ability to effectively work with diverse stakeholder groups and to interact with all levels of management and staff
- Knowledge of Human Resources practices and principles, employment legislation and regulations
- Demonstrated proficiency in the use of an HRIS system that is integrated with a payroll system
- Strong data entry skills and demonstrated high proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint, etc.)
- Demonstrated strong attention to detail to ensure employee information is accurate and current
- Proven ability to turn numbers and data into meaningful reports that inform decisions.
- Proven ability to handle large volumes of data.
- Proven time management skills and ability in organizing work, setting priorities, and performing multiple tasks with conflicting priorities and timelines
- Proven ability to work on more than one issue simultaneously and prioritize urgency of request.
- Proven critical thinking skills
- Proven strong analytical and problem-solving skills in identifying and resolving issues and discrepancies
- Proven ability to accurately compile, input data and maintain data and ability to manipulate large data sets while maintaining data integrity
- Proven ability in maintaining a high level of discretion and confidentiality in handling confidential and personal information and in confidential personnel matters, situations and discussions
- Proven ability to work well under pressure
- Proven ability to work in a fast paced, changing environment while maintaining consistency of approach
- Self-starter with proven ability to work independently with minimum supervision
- Proven customer service orientation ability in delivering high quality customer service and establishing/maintaining effective and collaborative working relationships
- Demonstrated understanding of a shared services function and customer service principles
The successful candidate will also demonstrate strong ability in the following behavioural competencies:
- Adaptability to Change
- Customer Service Orientation
- Listening, Understanding and Responding
- Results Orientation
- Teamwork & Cooperation
- Strategic Orientation
This is a permanent full-time position and is rated a Salary Level CU-6 ($55,636 – $65,454). Atlantic Central offers a competitive benefits package as well as the opportunity to participate in the Performance Sharing Incentive Plan.
Applications will close on November 22, 2019.
Interested candidates should forward their résumé, including salary expectations, in confidence, to:
Human Resources Department
6074 Lady Hammond Road
Halifax, NS B3K 2R7
(When sending applications by e-mail, please send in MS Word format)