Human Resources Manager, Sydney Credit Union
Sydney Credit Union is a progressive, full-service co-operative financial institution with more than 14,000 members, 3 branches and approximately $175 million in assets. We are committed to providing high quality financial solutions to enhance the economic well-being of our members and the community in which we serve.
Sydney Credit Union is actively seeking a human resources leader to join our team as Human Resources Manager. As a member of our management team, the Human Resources Manager designs, develops, implements and evaluates the Credit Union’s Human Resources programs in the areas of HR planning, recruiting, training and development, compensation and benefits, talent management and employee relations.
Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer, your main focus will be to:
- Provide guidance, expertise and direction in all aspects of employee and labour relations and human resources management.
- Develop the Human Resources strategic plan and recommend an integrated Human Resources plan to build and support a high performance sales and service culture.
- Direct the recruitment process and advise management and supervisory staff in recruiting for vacancies.
- Develop and implement a Total Compensation Program including compensation strategy, job profiles, job evaluation, and salary administration guidelines which ensure internal equity and external competitiveness.
- Develop strong and positive relationships with the Union and represent management during collective bargaining.
- Develop an employee relations program that encourages staff to identify any issues and deal with areas of concerns.
- Develop and implement a comprehensive Performance Management System which is results focused and tied to corporate strategic and annual objectives.
- Design and implement Management and Employee Training and Development programs which support a team-oriented, service culture and the performance management system.
- Administer the employee group benefit plans including Health and Dental, Group Life and Long Term Disability Insurances, Pension Plan and Employee Assistance Program.
- Develop and maintain HRIS; process payroll on a weekly basis.
- Maintain the Human Resources Procedures Manual; develop and recommend new Human Resources policies and procedures.
- Support community initiatives and represent the Credit Union at local, regional and national events and conferences.
Minimum Hiring Qualifications and Experience:
The Human Resources Manager will have successfully completed a Bachelor’s degree with a concentration in Human Resources, plus have a minimum of five years relevant experience, preferably working in the financial industry and/or a unionized environment; or equivalent combination of training and experience. The CHRP or equivalent designation is an asset. The ideal candidate will also have:
- Proven ability to lead and manage others through influence, negotiation and collaboration
- Demonstrated ability to gain trust and credibility
- Successful track record in implementing change management initiatives
- Strong presentation and facilitation skills
- Strong business acumen and problem solving skills
- Comprehensive understanding of HR principles, techniques and procedures
- Practical knowledge of applicable employment laws
Sydney Credit Union offers an outstanding culture and work environment together with a competitive compensation package. If you are interested in pursuing this opportunity, please email your cover letter and resume in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org (Attachments in Word or PDF format). This competition will remain open until the position is filled.
Sydney Credit Union wishes to thank all applicants for their interest. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.