Human Resources Officer
East Coast Credit Union is currently accepting applications for the full time position of Human Resources Officer in either Dartmouth or Port Hawkesbury. Reporting to the Senior Manager, Human Resources you will be responsible for a variety of human resources support services including, maintenance of the ADP People@Work system, support for the recruitment and selection function, daily administration of the various benefits programs, and other administrative and project support.
East Coast Credit Union Ltd. is a full service financial institution which has operated as a viable financial choice for its members since 1936. We have assets of approximately $370 million, a membership of over 27,000 and 18 Branches in Nova Scotia. As a Credit Union we are committed to community support and involvement.
The Human Resources Officer responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Maintaining the employee group benefits plans including enrolling new employees, benefits orientation; processing changes, billings from insurance providers and investigating and resolving questions about the benefits
- Maintaining the ADP People@Work system. Entering new hire information, changes and producing various HR ad hoc reports
- Maintaining benefits programs such as vacation, sick leave and leave of absence
- Providing support for staff and Board access to CuSource training on line programs
- Providing support for the recruitment and selection function including preparing and co-ordinating the advertising of job postings, scheduling interviews and preparing the new hire packages
- Co-ordinating staff rewards and recognition luncheon/meeting, and training sessions
- Participating in the Occupational Health & Safety and Social Committees
- Other projects and duties as assigned
The ideal candidate will have:
- Successfully completed a certificate in Human Resources plus two to five years relevant experience working in a Human Resources environment; or equivalent combination of training and experience
Key Skills and Competencies:
- Maintains a high level of discretion and confidentiality
- Develops and maintains effective working relationships with employees
- Software proficiency – Strong Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Email
- Proven organizational skills
- Results oriented individual
- Attention to detail and time management
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills both written and oral
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong Behavioural Competency skills: Adaptability to Change; Customer Service Orientation; Listening, Understanding and Responding; Results Orientation; Teamwork and Co-operation; and Strategic Orientation
This is a full time position and the salary range is $28,683 – $33,742. East Cost Credit Union offers a competitive benefits package.
Application close is Friday, January 31, 2014.
Interested candidates should forward their resume and cover letter in confidence to:
Sylvana Moro, Senior Manager of Human Resources
155 Ochterloney Street
Dartmouth, NS B2Y 1C9
E-mail: email@example.com (When sending resumes by e-mail, please submit in MS Word format)
Please note that preference will be given to candidates who most closely meet the knowledge, skills and competencies outlined above. We wish to thank applicants in advance and only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.