Information Technology Administrator (Summer Student)
Atlantic Central (Halifax Office) is currently accepting applications for a summer term position of Information Technology Administrator (Summer Student) to provide PC technical support to the management, staff, and directors of Atlantic Central and League Savings and Mortgage Company.
Reporting to the Director, Information Technology, the IT Administrator (Summer Student) will be responsible for:
- Providing support to end users regarding software, hardware and networking issues. Identifying and troubleshooting hardware and software issues and taking appropriate action to ensure continuity and quick resolution of individual user operational problems. Maintaining log of user support activities.
- Assisting with the configuration of workstations and installation of new software. Preparing and rebuilding retired laptops.
- Assisting with the transition to new file server/shared folders.
- Setting up e-mail and website user accounts, drive access permissions, resets LAN and website passwords as requested.
- Assisting in the maintenance of documentation relating to information technology procedures, guidelines, and standards.
- Assisting and backing-up other members of the IT Department and completing other projects and duties as assigned.
The successful candidate will be in the process of completing professional IT technical or certification training at a Community College, University or Professional IT Certification program. Preferences will be given to candidates in the second year of their program. Education and/or experience in website administration would be considered an asset.
The successful candidate will also have the following skill set:
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated customer service skills
- Demonstrated working knowledge of MS Client/Server operating system and PC hardware/software configuration
- Ability to accomplish tasks with little supervision
The successful candidate will also demonstrate strong competencies in:
- Adaptability to Change
- Customer Service Orientation
- Listening, Understanding and Responding
- Results Orientation
- Teamwork and Cooperation
- Strategic Orientation
Hours of Work:
Please note that this is a full-time summer position and the hours of work per week are 37.5 hours.
Applications close on Monday, May 5, 2014.
Interested candidates should forward their résumé, in confidence, to:
Human Resources Department
PO Box 9200, Station A
Halifax, NS B3K 5N3 Email: email@example.com (Please submit in MS Word format)