Information Technology Support Technician
Atlantic Central is looking for an Information Technology Support Technician to join our IT team in our Halifax office. This position is responsible for implementing and supporting client-side technology, software, and IT services for internal customers and for assuring the delivery of timely, knowledgeable and professional service.
Reporting to the Manager, Information Technology, the IT Support Technician is responsible for:
- Providing technical support to users for all IT services, following IT processes for logging, resolving and escalating support incidents and service requests.
- Performing standardized IT support tasks (e.g. user account creation, group changes, mailbox setup, VPN creation, phone configuration, etc.)
- Deploying, configuring and supporting client-side technology, operating systems and other software.
- Administering IT’s imaging and deployment solution for desktop/laptop configurations.
- Providing operational support and assistance with internal IT processes and network services, including backup/recovery, anti-virus, monitoring, patching, remote access, wireless networking, procurement, etc.
- Conducting research on client technology products in support of IT strategy, procurement and development efforts. Evaluating and recommending products for purchase.
- Identifying and proposing ideas for upgrades or improvements to IT services, client technology, or other areas of IT. Participating in or leading projects in areas of expertise.
The ideal candidate for this position will have successfully completed formal training at a Microsoft Certified Training Centre plus have 2-4 years experience in IT technical support or administration; or have an equivalent combination of education and experience.
The successful candidate will also have the following skill set:
- Excellent customer service skills
- 2-4 years of experience providing excellent front-line Help Desk support or IT administration
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Strong technical knowledge of Windows, MS Office, Outlook and other client software (MS certified training would be an asset)
- Strong technical knowledge of client-side hardware (desktops, laptops, printers, peripherals, PDAs, etc.)
- Strong oral and written communication skills
The successful candidate will also demonstrate strong competencies in:
- Adaptability to Change
- Customer Service Orientation
- Listening, Understanding and Responding
- Results Orientation
- Teamwork and Cooperation
- Strategic Orientation
This is a full-time position and is rated a Salary Level CU-5 ($42,980 – $50,565). Atlantic Central offers a competitive benefits package as well as the opportunity to participate in the Performance Sharing Incentive Plan.
Applications will close on Monday, September 24, 2012. Interested candidates should forward their résumé, in confidence, to:
Human Resources Department
PO Box 9200, Station A
Halifax, NS B3K 5N3
Email: email@example.com (When sending applications by e-mail, please send in MS Word format)