Investment Advisor, CUA
CUA is a full-service banking institution that offers flexible products, personalized service and quick decisions that are made in the local marketplace. CUA serves more than 20,000 individuals and businesses in the HRM / Halifax market. Our success is the result of the CUA Team, a collection of problem-solvers and opportunity-seekers who are genuinely interested in doing what is best for our members. CUA invites qualified, enthusiastic individuals to apply for the following career opportunity:
Reporting to the Vice-President, Member Services, the Investment Advisor is responsible for leading the growth of CUA’s wealth management operations through proactive sales, strategic business development and advisory services to clients. The Investment Advisor develops and delivers personalized and sound investment, insurance and financial planning to assist clients in achieving their objectives and full financial potential, while maintaining optimal profitability for CUA and providing a service standard reflective of CUA’s vision as the most successful community banking institution in Nova Scotia.
As the successful candidate, you are an excellent communicator with a proven ability in sales and business development and relationship management. You have a strong referral network and continuously build referral contacts through the identification of potential clients, formalizing a service relationship and generating new business. You proactively engage in the public forum by arranging and holding seminars, speaking engagements and other public events to raise the market profile of CUA and its wealth management services for the purposes of securing new business and meeting or exceeding CUA’s financial targets. You thrive in a sales environment where you can provide expert advice, are focused on the retention and extension of the client base and are results-driven, goal-oriented and people-focused. You have excellent interpersonal and relationship management skills with proven organizational and time management abilities and are committed to delivering exceptional service standards.
- Undergraduate degree in Business with a minimum of five years’ relevant experience in investment and insurance sales as well as financial planning; or, equivalent combination of training and experience.
- IIROC licensed; or, MFDA licensed with a commitment to become IIROC licensed within a prescribed timeframe.
- Canadian Securities Course (CSC).
- Life Licensing Qualification Program (LLQP) Life, Accident and Disability Insurance licensed.
- Certified Financial Planner (CFP) or Personal Financial Planner (PFP) designation.
- Solid understanding of retail and commercial banking products.
- Proven networking abilities with experience in engaging in and securing new business from existing and prospective clients.
- Outstanding communication skills with experience in public speaking and / or community engagement activities.
This is a full-time position offering competitive benefits and compensation commensurate with experience, qualifications and performance.
Closing date for this opportunity is October 31, 2018.
Method of Applying: Please apply by submitting a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. While we appreciate all submissions, only those considered for an interview will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in joining the CUA Team!