IT Programmer & Support (Summer Student)
Atlantic Central (Halifax Office) is currently accepting applications for a summer term position of IT Programmer & Support (Summer Student) to provide software development and IT technical support for the management, staff, and directors of Atlantic Central and League Savings and Mortgage Company.
Reporting to the Director, Information Technology, the IT Programmer & Support (Summer Student) will be responsible for:
- Programming and developing enhancements to custom software.
- Providing support to end users regarding software, hardware and networking issues. Identifying and troubleshooting hardware and software issues and taking appropriate action to ensure timely resolution of individual user operational problems. Maintaining log of user support activities.
- Configuring and deploying new computers or rebuilding existing computers.
- Assisting and backing-up other members of the IT Department and completing other projects and duties as assigned.
The successful candidate will be in the process of completing an IT program or certification training at a Community College, University or Professional IT Certification program. Preferences will be given to candidates in the second year of their program.
The successful candidate will also have the following skill set:
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated customer service skills
- Software development experience and/or training.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of MS Client/Server operating system and PC hardware/software configuration
- Ability to accomplish tasks with little supervision
Hours of Work:
Please note that this is a 13.5 week summer term position and the hours of work per week are 37.5 hours, Monday to Friday 8:30am – 4:30pm (desired start date June 1, 2016) or a 30 hour work week, Monday to Friday 9:00am- 3:30pm equating to a 17 week term (desired start date May 9, 2016) is also an option for the successful candidate. This position will be paid hourly at $15.00 an hour plus vacation pay.
Applications close on Friday, April 15, 2016.
Interested candidates should forward their résumé, in confidence, to:
Human Resources Department
6074 Lady Hammond Road
Halifax, NS B3K 2R7
(When sending applications by e-mail, please send in MS Word format)