IT Representative (1 year contract), East Coast, Dartmouth NS
East Coast Credit Union is currently accepting applications for the position of IT Representative, for a one-year contract with the possibility of renewal at the end of the contract term. The IT representative will report directly to the Senior Manager, Information Technology and will be the first point of contact for internal IT requests and support.
East Coast Credit Union is a dynamic, full service, financial co-operative using a focused approach to partner with individual and business members to achieve financial success. East Coast Credit Union has approx. $750 million in assets and serves more than 41,000 members from 19 branch locations from Cape Breton to Halifax. Deeply committed to the communities we live and work in, East Coast Credit Union provides not only financial support to local organizations and events but also countless staff volunteer hours every year. We believe in the value of People Helping People and encourage banking local and buying local.
As the IT Representative, your main duties will be to:
- Provide technical assistance and support within established timeframes.
- Perform remote troubleshooting through following diagnostic techniques, standard processes and asking detailed questions to thoroughly understand the problem.
- Perform on-site repairs, upgrades or replacements of technology equipment and software.
- Interact and coordinate with other departments to resolve any user issues as required.
- Escalate any IT tickets/requests to the next level of support personnel when appropriate.
- Identify and recommend improvements on procedures, policies, processes and systems.
- Contribute to any department training and documentation of processes, while identifying improvement opportunities in streamlining workflows.
- Assist with projects, initiatives and completes other duties as assigned.
The successful candidate will have completed a certificate or diploma in IT, computer science or related field and have up to one-year proven experience as a help desk technician or other customer support role, preferably in the financial industry. The incumbent will also have a working knowledge of office products, databases and remote control and a good understanding of computer systems, mobile devices and other tech products.
This is an entry-level position and may necessitate working extended hours on occasion including evening and weekends. A valid driver’s license and ability to travel to all East Coast Credit Union locations to perform on-site IT maintenance, installation and repairs is required.
East Coast Credit Union offers an outstanding culture and work environment together with a competitive compensation package. Salary will commensurate with experience.
Applications will be accepted until Wednesday, May 30, 2018.
Interested candidates should forward their resume and cover letter in confidence to:
When sending resumes by e-mail, please submit in MS Word or PDF format.
Please note that preference will be given to candidates who most closely meet the knowledge, skills and competencies outlined above. We want to thank applicants in advance and only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.