Learning & Development Specialist – East Coast Credit Union
East Coast Credit Union is seeking a Learning & Development Specialist to join our team! This permanent full-time position is well suited for an individual with strong interpersonal, verbal and presentation skills along with the ability and passion to engage with others authentically, establish trust, and build long-lasting relationships and influence at all levels of the organization.
East Coast Credit Union is a full-service financial cooperative organization that is deeply committed to the communities in which we live and work. We offer refreshingly honest banking and take pride in providing an exceptional member experience. With 18 locations from Halifax to Cape Breton and a virtual presence, we offer flexibility in workplace locations within beautiful Nova Scotia.
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Talent Development, you will partner with department leaders to diagnose organizational learning and development needs and gaps; provide strong subject matter expertise in the areas of instructional design, curriculum development, technology enabled training, training assessment, competency development and facilitation; and coordinate, design, and direct employee training and staff development programs for the Credit Union. The incumbent must be able to travel to all locations of East Coast Credit Union.
- Conduct needs analysis, design, develop and deliver learning programs in support of the Credit Union’s the strategic plan.
- Utilize learning and development trends, methodologies and programs, including digital development, to develop recommendations and approaches based on organizational needs.
- Design and develop online learning modules, learning support tools and training material such as job aids, facilitator and participant guides, PowerPoint presentations and other pertinent documents.
- Lead the ongoing learning deliverables within the internal learning environment to build knowledge capabilities across the organization. Facilitate classroom or virtual workshops as well as train-the-trainer sessions.
- Develop measures for success of learning activities in order to evaluate and recommend changes based on the findings. Supports the delivery and implementation of employee-focused programs, banking systems and platforms and operational projects as required.
- Collaborate with Senior Management and key business partners and stakeholders to enhance employee performance.
- Integrate change management into all activities to maximize employee engagement and ensure smooth adoption of changes impacting employees and the organization.
- Act as an ambassador of East Coast Credit Union by being visible in the organization and in the community in support of corporate and community initiatives.
- Complete other duties as assigned.
- Completed a Bachelor’s degree in Adult Education, Human Resources or a related field.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in instructional design, delivery of learning programs and various eLearning tools preferably in the banking industry; or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Designation as Certified Training and Development Practitioner (CTDP) or Chartered Professional in Human Resources (CPHR) is a strong asset.
- Experience working in a fast-paced, complex work environment and the ability to manage multiple and shifting priorities simultaneously.
- Experience using digital tools and systems to create and deploy learning solutions.
- Project management skills (software implementation/upgrade).
- Strong time management, multi-tasking and organizational skills.
- Knowledge of credit union philosophies, principles, procedures, practices and regulatory frameworks is an asset.
- Outstanding culture and opportunity to join an engaged and community-focused team.
- Tuition reimbursement, training and personal development.
- Competitive compensation with performance-based incentives. The current salary range for this position is $57,375 – $70,875.
- Generous benefit package including Flexible Health and Dental Plan (paid 100% by employer) and up to 9% contribution with employer match in the Defined Contribution Pension Plan.
- Flexible work arrangements including Flex Time, Tele-Work and compressed work week.
- Additional employee perks include but not limited to $200 annual wellness credit, reduced rates on employee loans/mortgages and paid volunteer time.
How to apply…
If this sounds like an opportunity for you, please email your resume and cover letter in Microsoft Word or pdf format to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications will be accepted until March 16, 2020.
Please note that all offers of employment are conditional upon the acceptance of an Individual Fidelity Bond Application which includes a criminal check and a credit check.
We wish to thank applicants in advance; only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.